• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collection Intervention

84 posts in this topic

When is it on? What channel?

Found it:

"Collection Intervention" will launch Tuesday, August 14 at 10:00/9:00c

Here's a synopsis from a press release:

Collection Intervention — Collection Intervention follows Elyse Luray, a sharp and to-the-point collectibles expert as she helps couples who are divided over what to do with an overwhelming collection of memorabilia. Whether it’s a husband’s collection of mint-condition G.I. JOE action figures worth thousands of dollars or a girlfriend’s treasure trove of Star Wars movie posters, Elyse helps couples decide what’s worth keeping and what they can sell. For each couple, their new cash windfall will make their dream come true, whether it’s an engagement ring, a down payment for a home, or the honeymoon they never had. Production company: High Noon Entertainment. Executive producers: Pam Healey, Elizabeth Grizzle Voorhees, Jim Berger.

So if I sell my car and house and trade my wife to buy comic books I can get on tv or do I just get to hang out on the CGC boards ?
That wife shoulda been dealt with a long time ago :baiting:

There was a show somewhat similar to this starring Lee & Leslie Keno of Antiques Roadshow fame. People needed to raise money for something, so Lee & Leslie would go through their house looking for items to bring to auction to raise the funds. I think it was on PBS

My fiance and I saw the commercial for this and she started laughing.

Luckily my GF is actually encouraging me to keep my collection. Any girl who wouldn't accept one of the biggest part of your life is not worth marrying. Either get a new hobby or get a new girl.

There was a show somewhat similar to this starring Lee & Leslie Keno of Antiques Roadshow fame. People needed to raise money for something, so Lee & Leslie would go through their house looking for items to bring to auction to raise the funds. I think it was on PBS

That was BURIED TREASURE on Fox.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buried_Treasure_%28TV_series%29

I watched it - only a few eps (4 or 5) were aired. I enjoy the Keno brothers a lot on ANTIQUES ROADSHOW but there was something about them in BURIED TREASURE that was kind of creepy. Still can't put my finger on it.

Luckily my GF is actually encouraging me to keep my collection. Any girl who wouldn't accept one of the biggest part of your life is not worth marrying. Either get a new hobby or get a new girl.

there was a time when we had money problems, and my GF took out a loan instead of me selling off a few expensive books. she wouldn't allow me to sell off books that she knew meant a lot to me. my money problems didn't last long, and i still have the books. of course, still have the GF in my life too (and if anyone ever ends up being my wife, it'll be her).

oh yeah, she also wants us to dress up as the blues brothers (my all time fav. movie) at a comic convention at some point.

I guarantee my wife would be gone before my collection,if she didn't approve. :taptaptap:

I guarantee my wife would be gone before my collection,if she didn't approve. :taptaptap:

Yours and mine both brother. (thumbs u

That was BURIED TREASURE on Fox.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buried_Treasure_%28TV_series%29

I watched it - only a few eps (4 or 5) were aired. I enjoy the Keno brothers a lot on ANTIQUES ROADSHOW but there was something about them in BURIED TREASURE that was kind of creepy. Still can't put my finger on it.

yup. They also seemed to have had about 14 surgical procedures each.

It wasn't a bad show though. Focussed a lot more than most shows on the human element of all this and the much-needed medical bills or whatever else that this windfall would get them.

My wife, who doesn't normally watch collectibles shows, liked it for that reason.