• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RARE...EERIE #1 Magazine Grade & Scarcity Opinions ???

77 posts in this topic

Can I get an opinion on This... Scarcity? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif (has anyone seen a nicer copy?)

Seller stated CGC would not grade it??? (Steve any Comments?) 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Does anyone think this might get a CGC 9.6 or better? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Value in (9.0 - 9.8) ??? Good Deal at $3,500 acclaim.gif or flamed.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Eerie #1, Warren - SCARCE - NM/Mint, BEST COPY!!!

Full Size Images Below .... I Look Forward to Your Grade,Scarcity & Value Appraisal Comments ???893scratchchin-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Front Cover - FULL SIZE

Rear Cover - FULL SIZE

Interior Cover with Important House with Lines Panel

Interior Page with Important Bald Man blending into background Panel

Additional Pages 1

Additional Pages 2

Thanks in Advance to Everyone who Replies!

Sincerely,

Chris Bell (AST) President

Affordable 2nd Thoughts Inc.

EBay Power Seller/Buyer : ast1155td

EBay Store : http://stores.ebay.com/AFFORDABLE-SECOND-THOUGHTS

Be aware that Eerie #1 is the subject of the most infamous case of counterfitting in the comic industry that I am aware of. I , personally , wouldnt buy one sight unseen and in fact , I doubt if I would buy one unless Archie Godwin rose from the grave and his spirit verified it. These guys rarely come up for auction . I have seen one bouncing around ebay for several months now and am fairly convinced it is a counterfeit (dont know about this auction and not gonna guess), the provenace on these guys is utterly required in order to verify the books validity.

BTW: As I remember the story EERIE #1 was thrown together in order to secure the name as another group was racing to do the same. I dont have my warren companion but it seems like 250 copies were produced in a mad dash by Archie and Jim and distributed on the newstand directly outside the building where they were to meet with their publisher. This gave the publisher the impression that Warren already had their mag on the streets etc.... Someone may correct some of the details but in a nutshell that's the story.

Sorry to say but we have a section for Magazines, and for some reason you posted a thread there saying you had posted a thread about a magazine in comics general foreheadslap.gif

Danny... I believe I would get a wider range of input here as this section of the Boards gets more attention. I hope you understand. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Be aware that Eerie #1 is the subject of the most infamous case of counterfitting in the comic industry that I am aware of. I , personally , wouldnt buy one sight unseen and in fact , I doubt if I would buy one unless Archie Godwin rose from the grave and his spirit verified it. These guys rarely come up for auction . I have seen one bouncing around ebay for several months now and am fairly convinced it is a counterfeit (dont know about this auction and not gonna guess), the provenace on these guys is utterly required in order to verify the books validity.

Seller states he has had the book for 30 years and he has a Great Feedback Profile... captainflight(steven.budlong@citibank.com)( 945)

Feedback Score: 945

Positive Feedback: 99.9%

Member since Sep-24-98 in United States

BTW: As I remember the story EERIE #1 was thrown together in order to secure the name as another group was racing to do the same. I dont have my warren companion but it seems like 250 copies were produced in a mad dash by Archie and Jim and distributed on the newstand directly outside the building where they were to meet with their publisher. This gave the publisher the impression that Warren already had their mag on the streets etc.... Someone may correct some of the details but in a nutshell that's the story.

Interesting... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sorry to say but we have a section for Magazines, and for some reason you posted a thread there saying you had posted a thread about a magazine in comics general foreheadslap.gif

Danny... I believe I would get a wider range of input here as this section of the Boards gets more attention. I hope you understand. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Lots of people use that as a reason, but Arch made a magazine section for a reason.

If people want to read about magazines they will go there.

Lots of people use that as a reason, but Arch made a magazine section for a reason.

UV, get the hell over yourself. Now sit down, shut up, and learn something about Creepy #1.

UV, get the hell over yourself. Now sit down, shut up, and learn something about Creepy #1.

It is Eerie 1

flowerred.gif

Point Taken ... Now do you have any thoughts that may assist this thread now that your here and involved ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It is Eerie 1

flowerred.gif

And thus, the message is lost.

(And [!@#%^&^] off, I just woke up. thumbsup2.gif )

It is Eerie 1

flowerred.gif

acclaim.gif

It is Eerie 1

flowerred.gif

acclaim.gif

See, that just doesn't make a lick o' sense. Now contribute, or I'll turn your skull into the forum latrine.