• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where are we going with this...Superman storyline

27 posts in this topic

This kinda reminds me of the movie "21 Grams" where everything just keeps going back and forth from the past and the present and confuses the krap out of me. 893frustrated.gif

Have you seen the movie Memento? That's really a weird movie, confused.gif

This kinda reminds me of the movie "21 Grams" where everything just keeps going back and forth from the past and the present and confuses the krap out of me. 893frustrated.gif

Have you seen the movie Memento? That's really a weird movie, confused.gif

I loved Memento.

i was told its kind of like a"resevoir dogs"type of story.the beggining of the story is taking place in the middle,and we are being brought up to speed till we know exactly whats going on,then the story will pick up after we are all on the same page.

still pretty dan slow IMO

Joe Kelly has made a living telling that kind of story and it is getting predictable. While it is a clever idea and gimmick, when a writer has to create suspense from an otherwise plain story by moving linear time around, it is a crutch. When it's a murder mystery and the investigator is putting together the case it one thing, but when parts of the story are left out to be explained later for a "clever" twist, it gets numbing.

I am still giving this story line the benefit of the doubt, but I think it sucks as a monthly. I am sure it will read better all at once and I wish it was released as a graphic novel. I am interested in the story, but it just doesn't read well as a monthly.