• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay seller jerryweist-

9 posts in this topic

Is he a poster here?

The name seems familiar... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

He has a ton of stuff up mostly Marvel (50s pre-Hero to Bronze Age) and low to mid grade, but a few high grade gems too.

El Linko

He discovered the White Mountain collection.

He was Sotheby's consultant when they used to run their auctions.

Your knowledge is incredible crazy.gif

Maybe you should slow down if you want your 20,000th post to do with SD frown.gif

His name ought to be familiar. He's been around for a long time and has a pretty impressive resume- Overstreet Advisor; formerly ran the Sotheby's auctions; unearthed the White Mountain collection; started publishing Squa Tront, the EC fanzine, in 1967, opened the amazing Million Year Picnic shop in 1974; wrote the Comic Art Price Guide; just wrote the book "100 Greatest Comic Books" (along with Jim Steranko- and an assist from Steve B.)...

I do recall reading posts about him on these boards (Silver-Age forum I think) many moons ago but couldn't recall if it was him, or someone talking about him that was posting.

It's just nice to know if your buying from a forum member or not. juggle.gif

His name ought to be familiar. He's been around for a long time and has a pretty impressive resume- Overstreet Advisor; formerly ran the Sotheby's auctions; unearthed the White Mountain collection; started publishing Squa Tront, the EC fanzine, in 1967, opened the amazing Million Year Picnic shop in 1974; wrote the Comic Art Price Guide; just wrote the book "100 Greatest Comic Books" (along with Jim Steranko- and an assist from Steve B.)...

OK... OK...

He is a Comic God! 27_laughing.gifstooges.gifflowerred.gif

I don't buy the ultra high grade stuff so I guess I've never bought from him before.

He has a bunch of nice reading grade stuff up this week though... grin.gif