• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

19 posts in this topic

The Spider Clones are back!

One of the things that made reading ASM in the mid 90's

like swallowing a cup full of razor blades was that gad-awful Spider Clone series.

That and Mark Bagley's anorexic style of figure drawing

(heck it looked like a strong wind could of broke spidey in too never the less any of the villains he fought) He did draw a good venom and carnage though - go figure.

Oh well back to the clones... I flipped a wizard open the other day and noticed that

the original clone set was on the rebound and I was wondering what would cause that.

Then I picked up ASM 509 and it all came together the clones are returning.

I just hope JMS can do a better job with this and not drag this story out

3-4 years with as many crossovers as you can dream-up.

Believe it or not, the clone story in the 90's hurt me more than the average joe,

because I had a return clone story that I had written (but never submitted) before the clones

bash of the 90's.

I really loved the first clone story in the 70's. Because this was the time period

when I first started reading the ASM title(25 cent issue bronzes, ya gotta love 'em).

I wrote a story to make a homage for my favorite artist Ross Andru,

where the clones went bad. Gwen Stacy after a certain amount of time turned

evil because she was forced out of her existence that she was created for by non-other than

Peter Parker AKA Spidey. In my story their would of been a colony of Warren creations, even some with issues because they were fouled experiments but Warren didn't have the heart to kill them.

It is so nuts because I wrote that the clones would be masked and hound spider-man and once the leader was unmasked Peter would be dumstruck that Gwen has chosen the dark side!!

The new story in ASM seems to be pointing that very way.

Weird, I guess I should be a writter.

After all my name is Wally Lamb. grin.gif

I just hope that this clone story is better.

It has a nice start I can give it that.

We'll see... juggle.gif

JMS has said pretty emphatically that there will be no clones in the Sin's Past storyline. Even went so far to say that he wasn't going to touch the Clone Saga.....

Of course not, as Gwen 2 isnt a clone, and her kids likely wouldn't be either.

The only question: is Peter or Ben the father of these two ?

If you're talking Ben Reilly and not Uncle Ben 893whatthe.gif, I'd say no based on JMS' comment.

One of the theories I've read that would make sense is Gwen was pregnant with twins by Peter and thus the reason she spent the extended time in Paris...... confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

If you're talking Ben Reilly and not Uncle Ben 893whatthe.gif, I'd say no based on JMS' comment.

One of the theories I've read that would make sense is Gwen was pregnant with twins by Peter and thus the reason she spent the extended time in Paris...... confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

Man, I'm confussed now.

If you are talking about the Paris trip that Gwen was on until ASM issue 98, she was only there supposively for 4 months? Or are talking about when Gwen2 left peter after the clone set in 150?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

Man, I'm confussed now.

If you are talking about the Paris trip that Gwen was on until ASM issue 98, she was only there supposively for 4 months? Or are talking about when Gwen2 left peter after the clone set in 150?

ASM #98

Jim

Jim

Man, I'm confussed now.

ASM #98

Jim

Hmmmmmmm, interesting,

that could be another reason Gwendy was so pushy about the marrage thing. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Anybody knows a good site where the whole clone saga is resumed ?

http://www.newcomicreviews.com/GHM/specials/LifeOfReilly/

Thanks !

Wow, 35 parts to read...

Stop to read at part 2 and here how i feel now: foreheadslap.gif

Yea, I don't think even Episode 2 had that much info on clone life! grin.gif