• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight Rises massacre survivor sues everyone he possibly can

72 posts in this topic

:facepalm:

He should also sue DC Comics for introducing the Batman :idea:

And while he's at it, the estate of Thomas Edison for inventing movie projection.

Edison didnt invent it..

Hes stole it

Suing the Theatre, not so much imo. They were arguably negligent in allowing him to use the emergency exit to go out and retrieve his weapons and then come back in for the shootings.

Are you sure that's what happened? I could be wrong, but I haven't heard any reports that he was in the theater and left to get his weapons.

The current version of the Wikipedia description of the event does say he left the theater through the emergency exit, went to his car parked near the exit to get the guns, and came back in through the exit. The description references a few articles to back up those facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Aurora_shooting

Watch me change the Wikipedia article to the fact that he went to his car which resembled the Tumbler drove to the local National Guard Armory and robbed the arsenal held there. He also played Yeezy on the radio on the way back.

Mike,

I ask this with no sarcasm; just plain curiosity but...

Why do you have those drums?

My brother couldn't stand that I did not have an AK-47, or the Chinese Norinco knock-off. So he arranged for a "trade" for my Ruger Redhawk 44 (which he gave me) for a rifle, 2 drums, 4 30 round clips, the parachute bag, etc. They were a gift.

My point is, the drums are POS, so I don't know why you guys are worrying yourself over them, because you obviously don't know much on the topic. From what I'm reading, the guy had them, and they didn't work....., which is my experience with any large capacity magazine, short of belt-fed.

In retrospect, I should have bought it myself. And, I should have bought cases of them (the gun, the drums, the ammo) and buried them in my back yard. I'll be here to save you Arex, when no one else will..., but I promise to leave the drums at home, and use something that will work :lol:

Can't we all just get a lot?

He's suing Warner Brothers, the theater, and the doctors who prescribed Vicodin to James Holmes...because, of course, someone has to be responsible for all of this aside from Holmes himself since he has no deep pockets to pick. :facepalm::eyeroll:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/james-holmes-lawsuit-man-blames-theater-doctors-and-warner-bros-for-shootings-78760/

Seriously though, I wouldn't worry too much about the defendants. They're all insured and they're going to get out on an early motion to dismiss for failure to state a claim, for the very reasons stated here - because the claim is BS.

I could sue god for causing me emotional distress by allowing the Iraq war to happen, and the court has to accept the complaint if I pay my ~$400 filing fee (varies by court, obviously). That does not mean my lawsuit against god would last much longer than this lawsuit against the theater, WB, the doctors, and everyone else.

You don't know much about how Wikipedia controls the quality of a breaking news story like this, do you? :screwy:

Suing the Theatre, not so much imo. They were arguably negligent in allowing him to use the emergency exit to go out and retrieve his weapons and then come back in for the shootings.

Are you sure that's what happened? I could be wrong, but I haven't heard any reports that he was in the theater and left to get his weapons.

The current version of the Wikipedia description of the event does say he left the theater through the emergency exit, went to his car parked near the exit to get the guns, and came back in through the exit. The description references a few articles to back up those facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Aurora_shooting

Watch me change the Wikipedia article to the fact that he went to his car which resembled the Tumbler drove to the local National Guard Armory and robbed the arsenal held there. He also played Yeezy on the radio on the way back.

If I am a judge, that does not meet the test of proximate cause and the case gets dismissed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palsgraf_v._Long_Island_Railroad_Co.

Suing the doctor and the studios is ridiculous. Suing the Theatre, not so much imo. They were arguably negligent in allowing him to use the emergency exit to go out and retrieve his weapons and then come back in for the shootings. I'm not a fan of suing everybody under the sun(even though i was a criminal attorney) but thats easy to say sitting here. If i actually had my best friend killed right in front of me??? I cant say i wouldnt be looking to sue someone (shrug)