• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight Rises massacre survivor sues everyone he possibly can

72 posts in this topic

As someone who is friends with many survivors of the World Trade Center, I imagine a good percentage of the movie goers are going to need counseling for a long, long time. Even emerging unscathed from an event like this is a life-changing event. Its ten years, and some have realk difficulty working, or even going out in public.

A second cousin of mine switched shifts with a fellow FDNY member so he could extend his vacation an extra week. The guy working his shift died, and my cousin has never been close to the same. Survivors guilt can be just as harmful as a real bullet.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder isn't given it's due for how damaging it is. Most people have no idea.

That seems like a pretty crazy lawsuit. Unwinnable. You may as well also sue the mother for giving birth to Holmes, the father for impregnating the mom, the Earth for giving the three of them a place to live, oxygen and water for sustaining them.

Most likely he won't win it, but that'll be a story for the back page.

As someone who is friends with many survivors of the World Trade Center, I imagine a good percentage of the movie goers are going to need counseling for a long, long time. Even emerging unscathed from an event like this is a life-changing event. Its ten years, and some have realk difficulty working, or even going out in public.

A second cousin of mine switched shifts with a fellow FDNY member so he could extend his vacation an extra week. The guy working his shift died, and my cousin has never been close to the same. Survivors guilt can be just as harmful as a real bullet.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder isn't given it's due for how damaging it is. Most people have no idea.

That's unfortunately very true.

He's suing the Theater because there was no alarm attached to the emergency exit.

Wonder if the alarm was installed but disabled/deactivated by they theater, or if the alarm is not required by code.

If the alarm was there it would have been alarming/blaring until the door closed, which would mean he couldn't get back in through that door.

If he had left it propped (and the alarm kept going off) while he donned riot gear and got his guns you'd think either a) someone in the theater would have pulled the door shut or b) someone would have gone and told mgmt/ushers about the alarm and they would have re-secured the door.

would it have changed things? who knows. This guy was determined to do something like this, so it was going to happen in some way, maybe he would have just gone back in through the front door wearing a trench coat to hide his gear/guns...

wouldnt have stopped crazy from happening though.

Trying to place blame is in part trying to rationalize these acts, and sometimes there is no blame to place (at least in terms of legal blame) beyond the person who actually did the terrible act itself.

You can't stop crazy, but you can slow it down. As bad as this scene was, imagine if his gun with its 100 round drum of ammo hadn't jammed. What kind of hunting is that drum designed for?

That would be "humans"

He's suing the Theater because there was no alarm attached to the emergency exit.

Wonder if the alarm was installed but disabled/deactivated by they theater, or if the alarm is not required by code.

If the alarm was there it would have been alarming/blaring until the door closed, which would mean he couldn't get back in through that door.

If he had left it propped (and the alarm kept going off) while he donned riot gear and got his guns you'd think either a) someone in the theater would have pulled the door shut or b) someone would have gone and told mgmt/ushers about the alarm and they would have re-secured the door.

would it have changed things? who knows. This guy was determined to do something like this, so it was going to happen in some way, maybe he would have just gone back in through the front door wearing a trench coat to hide his gear/guns...

Trying to place blame is in part trying to rationalize these acts, and sometimes there is no blame to place (at least in terms of legal blame) beyond the person who actually did the terrible act itself.

You can't stop crazy, but you can slow it down. As bad as this scene was, imagine if his gun with its 100 round drum of ammo hadn't jammed. What kind of hunting is that drum designed for?

Which begs to ask the question about where is the balance point for gun control laws.

:popcorn:

That would be "humans"

That would but about the only reason I could see of someone having it.

That would be "humans"

That would but about the only reason I could see of someone having it.

Aside from certain "end of the world" scenarios, competition combat shooting, and shooting range fun there aren't many other applications I can think of either.

If you can't hit your target in the first six or seven shoots, i'd rather you don't get another ninety plus chances to miss.

lol

There are competition shoots that are like obstacle courses that require 3 or more 30 round magazines because of the number of targets and shots required to be on target.

It's not for putting 1 shot onto 1 target obviously.

That said, no one I have ever seen whose a serious target marksman or competition combat shooter will use most of the commercially available drum magazines. They are notoriously poor quality and unreliable.

They seem to be the choice of movie prop masters trying to make their characters look cool and guys with endowment measurement issues.

agreed... I think of it as a series of nets... the net of Psychiatric care here in the US, the net of gun controls/restrictions, the net of public safety/security...

no matter what some things get thru...

If you can't hit your target in the first six or seven shoots, i'd rather you don't get another ninety plus chances to miss.

lol

There are competition shoots that are like obstacle courses that require 3 or more 30 round magazines because of the number of targets and shots required to be on target.

That said, no one I have ever seen whose a serious target marksman or competition combat shooter will use most of the commercially available drum magazines. They are notoriously poor quality and unreliable.

They seem to be the choice of movie prop masters trying to make their characters look cool and guys with endowment measurement issues.

I'm not so sure about the 100 round drums........, Pretty sure the two I own are 75 round drums. They are POS though, so I do laugh at trying to regulate them and thinking that will somehow solve the problem of wack-a-doodles in our society.

We're just lucky creeps like this focus on using faulty equipment like this, instead of the effective methods used by more accomplished terrorists, like Timothy McVeigh or our middle eastern friends.

lol

I'm not so sure about the 100 round drums........, Pretty sure the two I own are 75 round drums. They are POS though, so I do laugh at trying to regulate them and thinking that will somehow solve the problem of wack-a-doodles in our society.

We're just lucky creeps like this focus on using faulty equipment like this, instead of the effective methods used by more accomplished terrorists, like Timothy McVeigh or our middle eastern friends.

I've shot them both at the range. all plastic inside, cheap springs. 5 rounds...jam....7 rounds....jam. lol