• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic book pressing

42 posts in this topic

And not to pick nits, but Susan, while highly educated does not have an advanced degree in the science behind paper conservation.

Oh yea, you're right, my bad--it was an internship as a conservator at the Paris Modern Museum of Art while she was in the city studying Art History, she says it on her web site.

I had forgotten she also worked with Bill Sarrill for a while. Did Matt talk with you about Bill? I think he worked with him too. I wondered a while back if Sarrill had any education in conservation but never found out.

And not to pick nits, but Susan, while highly educated does not have an advanced degree in the science behind paper conservation.

Oh yea, you're right, my bad--it was an internship as a conservator at the Paris Modern Museum of Art while she was in the city studying Art History, she says it on her web site.

I had forgotten she also worked with Bill Sarrill for a while. Did Matt talk with you about Bill? I think he worked with him too. I wondered a while back if Sarrill had any education in conservation but never found out.

I have a letter from Sarrill from 1978 where I asked that question. We was an engineer by trade/education. Entirely self taught on paper restoration/conservation. At the time Sarrill was offering some training and restoration supplies via correspondence which I took advantage of. I asked him where he was trained at not to question his background but was interested in where I could learn more.

Matt was one several people that spent a weekend with Sarrill after he had retired the business getting hands on training. And of course Matt and others have continued to perfect and develop new methods and procedures on their own.