• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's happening to your books?

What I'm doing with my collection  

378 members have voted

1. 1. What I'm doing with my collection

59 posts in this topic

I don't expect HOPEFULLY to leave him my boxes and boxes of 80's and 90's drek I have.

The 80's produced some great superhero reading. Why not winnow out the carp, dump it and then he will still have the good stuff. Don't know what you have but I'm talking about stuff like Simonson Thor, Byrne FF, Buscema/Palmer Avengers, Giffen/Dematteis JLA, Perez Wonder Woman, and others.

I don't expect HOPEFULLY to leave him my boxes and boxes of 80's and 90's drek I have.

The 80's produced some great superhero reading. Why not winnow out the carp, dump it and then he will still have the good stuff. Don't know what you have but I'm talking about stuff like Simonson Thor, Byrne FF, Buscema/Palmer Avengers, Giffen/Dematteis JLA, Perez Wonder Woman, and others.

Yeah, I have most of that except for the DC stuff. Most of it though I have 2-3 copies so I don't need to leave him multiple copies of all that junk. It would be nice to weed it down from like 20 long idea to maybe 7-10 boxes for him hm

For all the times he's misbehaved over the years though, I AM going to punish him by giving him my short box of Jim Lees Xmen1's!!! :devil:

I vowed to myself when I started my third round of comic collecting that I wouldn't sell this collection like I did with my others. So - barring any major disasters - I should have this collection for the rest of my life. Since I have no children of my own or siblings, I'm sure my wife will blow them out at 10¢ on the dollar.

If I happen to outlive my wife, I think I'll sell them at some point right before the end and get me a roomful of hookers and pay a bonus to any girl who can instigate a heart attack.

I've always had a positive hunch about Dr. Balls, but his response above, seals the deal!

For all the times he's misbehaved over the years though, I AM going to punish him by giving him my short box of Jim Lees Xmen1's!!! :devil:

He's using your Collector's Society coupon to get three copies of 1E graded!! :devil:

My intention was always to sell most of my collections when I hit 55. Now that it is so close, I'm beginning to waiver.

Right now, my thinking is to sell off $500 a month thru MCS, and a couple hundred thru here. I've culled my books down to somewhere arounf 10,000 and am most of the way to my goal of having 1,000 books I can sell for $100 or more per book.

My art,cars and coins I'm holding onto for now, but if silver hits $100, I'll sell all mine.

Cruel, but not as cruel as a short box of various Liefeld titles.

Cruel, but not as cruel as a short box of various Liefeld titles.

He has never been THAT bad yet so I'll wait and see on those!

If he crashes my car or something though when he gets to high school, he can expect an assload of Youngblood 1's as a graduation present! lol

He's using your Collector's Society coupon to get three copies of 1E graded!! :devil:

I can only pray I've raised him to have more sense than THAT! :wishluck:

I've started thinking what I intend to do with my collection in the coming years.

It's something that I've never really thought about, but now that I'm getting (a little bit) older lol I have started to wonder what I'm going to do with my books... Will I keep them and hand them down to a family member? Will I sell them and use the money for something else before it's too late? My books aren't worth a lot at all but I wondered if anyone considers these factors when buying their books...or if they have an "end point" to their collecting or a long term plan.

Ashes.jpg

viking funeral

I'd like to say that, but all these books were purchased with family funds, so the revenue should stay in the family. Possibly to fund vacations, pay off student loans, buy stuff, etc. Things that have been foregone the past 40 years due to my addiction.