• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOARDERS UNITE !!!!!!

65 posts in this topic

sorry kryptonite, but it kinda relates to your thread topic.

No Problemo.......nothing wrong with a little Deathlok....I have a CGC 9.4 AT #25 so obviously I see it as a key Bronze age book to have 893applaud-thumb.gif

Ok Deathlok,

I read it, it is a good story.

Is that the whole of his first appearance?

No, that's just the first four pages, then it goes into his origin and current storyline. He was always out to destroy Roxxon, which was the corporation that created him. Like I said some of the later issues in the AT series have better stories, as well as the MTU BOC mentioned and the Cap I mentioned earlier.

sorry kryptonite, but it kinda relates to your thread topic.

No Problemo.......nothing wrong with a little Deathlok....I have a CGC 9.4 AT #25 so obviously I see it as a key Bronze age book to have 893applaud-thumb.gif

I mentioned it was on topic because I have about 60 of this issue. So I do kinda hoard, although I don't buy the slabbed copies. Just raw books.

I collect alot but I hoard Captain America and Legion Of Super-Heroes. Must have three long boxes of Cap appearences from TOS58 to Cap200. I'm not sure if eight copys is a hoard but I attempt to aquirre every copy of Frankenstein Jr I come across.

Oh man..i always buy mutiple copies since they're so cheap on ebay!

Till this date I have mutiple copies of

Superman 500 (150 of them in fact, it's a sealed case) thinking about cgc/cgg them, might get 9.8's or even a 10's but is it worth it?? Not really a valuable issue but he is back from the dead!!!!

Wolverine 1 ( new series 100 copies)

Origin 1 (5 copies) 3 (like 30 copies) 6 (15 copies)

bunch of spiderman copies! just cant remember them!!! 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

I think I have 25 copies of the new Wolverine #1.........their may be too many hoarders and not enough buyers on that one foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

I can guarantee there are hoarders of the old Wolverine #1s also. When they came out, it was the first time I'd ever seen people buy "cases" of comics before.... foreheadslap.gif

Jim

My first recollection of people hoarding copies is X-Men #137, followed by Dazzler #1. I also remember people buying up a lot of Miller Daredevil - starting at about issue #180 I think. Funny thing - at the recent Toronto comicon, one dealer had a long white box of Daredevil 190 tongue.gif

A little over 10 years ago, a couple friends and myself bought close to 500 copies of Spider-woman #1 (1st series). Still have a 'few' left tongue.gif

I remember friends of mine buying stacks of Spectacular Spider-man #1.

Their exact works: "Hey, this is only the second solo Spidey book, so it's a can't miss".

I also remember collectors stocking up on Daredevil 168 and up (the hoarding grew with each number), X-Men 121-up (137-up reached epic proportions), and virtually any comic with a "hot artist" or new #1.

I have 3 copies of Daredevil #99... Don't ask me why, i don't know myself... crazy.gif

I love that issue, with Hawkeye vs. DD for the hand of the Black Widow.

Yes, i love the cover, but the interior art really sucks.

I have 3 ASM 40s. Picked one up, maybe 2.0 when I was 10. In an attempt to improve the collection, picked up another a few years ago, maybe a 4.5. Picked up yet another awhile back, around a 6.5. Someday I'll get a 9ish one and get rid of the rest. As for now I kinda like setting them all out =p

Managed to grab 3 ASM 238s too. Hoping to send the best off to get slabbed.