• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does everyone think of signature series?

173 posts in this topic

Yeah, I wanted to chat about it is all. Now I have been flamed for my noobiness I might pretend it was a deliberate troll...

(it wasn't)

There is a sig series forum here

Plus search is your friend

I like signature series except on high grade books pre 1980, especially keys. At that point I like them on mid grade or lower grade books. I consider writting a major defect and distraction on a Universal comic even if CGC doesn't. I found writting a distraction on high grade books and avoid pedigrees with writing on the cover as well.

Also am not a fan of Stan Lee signing books like Wolverine 1. Yeah I know it's Marvel and inside it says Stan Lee presents but give me a book he actually wrote...plus I have seen copies where he signs Wolverine's forehead.

I have mixed feelings on low grade but scarce mega keys like the AA 16 sig series book. There aren't many copies of that book around. Yet at the same time it's amazing the artist is still around to sign the book for sig series. I guess with a book like that a lower grade restored copy would be my personal ideal.

I am glad CGC came up with the restored SS label. Many years ago I wrote Borock a long winded email begging for this and pointing out by allowing for it, it would allow for books that other wise may not be submitted thus generating more revenue.

Watson hates them...

Especially this one:

EVSredskull.jpg

I really dont consider them Sig Series books. :shrug:

Isn't that what the yellow label is all about?

What I mean is that the books like Watson posted arent really signature in the way I think of it. It might be slightly myopic but I think of Sig Series as a signature on a a book. With the sketch cover books its more a piece of individual art than a signature of a mass produced book

I think some of the sketch books are very well done. If I was ever going to get a book signed though I would force the signor to only be able to sign where I wish by making a cutout window in the bag. As for sketch books I would make sure there was time to get it nicely done. Some look rushed due to timelines such at conventions and such.

In the end though I do not have any in my collection that are slabbed.