• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does everyone think of signature series?

173 posts in this topic

I think the entire Signature Series line is a conspiracy to allow certain BSDs to pass books with color touch through the system as unrestored. CGC coordinates with these privileged few and the comic artists signing the books in question to make sure that signature color and placement are done strategically, in order to cover up tiny spots of color touch on otherwise unrestored books.

Interesting but baseless theory ....

I think the entire Signature Series line is a conspiracy to allow certain BSDs to pass books with color touch through the system as unrestored. CGC coordinates with these privileged few and the comic artists signing the books in question to make sure that signature color and placement are done strategically, in order to cover up tiny spots of color touch on otherwise unrestored books.

Why would you say that. If you did what I said earlier about having a signature or drawing placement window and have the artist even in front of the witness do his work in that location. It could remove a defect and you could get that grade bump and maybe even cover up colour touch by bleed thru which could take a purple to a yellow.

Now I don't know this for fact but when I see that one book by Stan Lee with the big spider (or whatever it is) on the front I would assume that if you opened that book there would be bleed thru from the marker he used.

Now if this is the case what if that book had a marker dropped on it or something and it was listed as a purple label restored book. Doing that might get rid of the initial defect and just thought to be the bleed thru from the new drawing.

It's typically better to keep your mouth shut and perhaps be thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt.

--great quote from Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D

Everyone is different. Asking this question is moot.

As for myself, the only SS I like are sketches as you can see in my sig. Do I plan to have any comics signed??? Nope. Just not into that. But will I ever buy one???.....maybe. Will I go to any future shows with intents to get a sig on a comic??......Nope. Do I have any comics signed??....yes but they would get a green label since it was done by DF. But I acquired them in a lot buy.

:facepalm:

:facepalm:

I enjoy proper use of the facepalm!

Why would you say that. If you did what I said earlier about having a signature or drawing placement window and have the artist even in front of the witness do his work in that location. It could remove a defect and you could get that grade bump and maybe even cover up colour touch by bleed thru which could take a purple to a yellow.

Now I don't know this for fact but when I see that one book by Stan Lee with the big spider (or whatever it is) on the front I would assume that if you opened that book there would be bleed thru from the marker he used.

Now if this is the case what if that book had a marker dropped on it or something and it was listed as a purple label restored book. Doing that might get rid of the initial defect and just thought to be the bleed thru from the new drawing.

:o:o

That would imply a ton of books squeaking through the system. Would love to hear CGC on this....

That would imply a ton of books squeaking through the system. Would love to hear CGC on this....

Well personally don't think tons of books are happening like this. Just that it is a possibility.

maybe they check said area for imperfections pre signing? add it to the notes? ???

maybe they check said area for imperfections pre signing? add it to the notes? ???

Good question.

IMO a lot of these SS books are ugly. I find it disingenuous that a skilled artist who had created the work would scrawl his signature right over the top of their illustration. Unless the art has a blank color field somewhere that allows for sigs I'd rather have a blue label than a yellow.

Just my dos centavos.

Good question.

Until CGC gets books in hand after the signing they have no claim to book.

They cant examine the book until authority is transferred over to them

The Stan Lee cockroach on the ASM 129 was where Stan started to sign his name and messed up. He signed his name elsewhere and then was asked to try and "fix" the area with a sketch.

Some of you conspiracy theory people are down right bananas.

The Stan Lee cockroach on the ASM 129 was where Stan started to sign his name and messed up. He signed his name elsewhere and then was asked to try and "fix" the area with a sketch.

Just a bunch of anti sig biggots trying to destroy a hobby

:roflmao:

You guys are Catholic school-girl levels of easy.

Just a bunch of anti sig biggots trying to destroy a hobby

Well I am not anti sig. Just opened minded to what could be done.

Did I say this is what they are doing. No. Just a possibilty.

Stan lee cockroach isn't a conspiracy just an example of something like that thought was big enough to cover an inperfection. Do I think that is what happened with that book. No. Just was an example.