• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does everyone think of signature series?

173 posts in this topic

I do own one sig. series book,and that's a Neal Adams Batman book that belonged to Nik.I bought it because it belonged to Nik,not really because of Neal Adams.Though Adams is one of my favorites.The only other sig. series book I would want to own is a Frazetta sig. :cloud9:

Other than that I'm really not a fan of signatures on my comics.

Frank signed so beautifully it was like a part of the art.

If people were so fascinated with the artist/writer / inker...etc...why not just buy the original art? Why perpetuate the money grab?

Original art is a cool way to go but I can understand wanting a piece of something that is original regardless if it is slabbed or not since you can dictate in your own imagination what you would like on your book/card/photo or whatever.

Still good to support your favourite artist/writer/inker regardless of what is going on out in the marketplace.

I always liked SS and have a couple of hundred or so.

I do however hate high grade, keys or Peds ruined by a sig, especially a misplaced sig.

SS have their place, to me thats modern or low-mid grade books.

I'm not stealing anyone's joy, is not the question of this thread "What does everyone think of Signature Series"? So, Arex, I'm, not entitled to my opinon that the OP ask for????? So, by all means you Yellow label lovers....spend away. Plus, I never mentioned what I like to collect compaired to "sig series" collectors.....sorry dude you are way off base on that comeback.

I dont collect them but I also dont call them "POS" either. I just go my own way.

so know one has to worry about me sniping a POS yellow label slab

You dont like them, thats cool and completely your choice.You are entitled to you opinion no doubt. But in expressing it like you did you open yourself up for criticism. Not because of what you think, but of the way you expressed it.

But to basically to cr ap on what a lot of people enjoy like your above quote did is, well, bad form.

I love SS books personally and there's a bunch of other comics I don't like...so I don't buy them. I'm confused as to why that's so hard to follow around here. I don't like DC's at all, not my thing but I can certainly appreciate a DC comic for what it is...the same can be said for SS's. Do your thing, I'll do mine and we're all happy. :cloud9:

Sorry brother, just don't see it that way, not going to give accolades to something I feel is a niche, I could care less if people buy them, but if a simple POS in a post I'm giving my opinion about.....well, we will have to agree to disagree, plus, thick skin use to be a must around this place.

I understand you disagreeing. I understand that you dont like them, dont understand them, and understand your rationale.

But I dont agree you need to dump on what others collect.

And the thick skin is still a must here!

To those who love SS books: do whatever the F you wanna do and enjoy it, they're your books and it's your money.

To those who hate SS books: go find copies that are not signed, and get the F over the fact that some people like their mess signed. Probably 99% of the mess that gets signed isn't rare anyway.

/thread.

To those who love SS books: do whatever the F you wanna do and enjoy it, they're your books and it's your money.

To those who hate SS books: go find copies that are not signed, and get the F over the fact that some people like their mess signed. Probably 99% of the mess that gets signed isn't rare anyway.

/thread.

You say things so eloquently. :applause:

To those who hate SS books: go find copies that are not signed, and get the F over the fact that some people like their mess signed. Probably 99% of the mess that gets si

gned isn't rare anyway.

/thread.

You say things so eloquently. :applause:

Psst... he typed it... :baiting:

:)

Yes, I understand that, but IMO, you can't change the rules of grading just because you carve out a niche just because your CGC.....sorry, I will never accept sig series, so know one has to worry about me sniping a POS yellow label slab.....and oh, Hi Doc, hope all is well.

Good to see the "What I collect is great, and what you collect is a bunch of POS" mentality is still around.

Dont you think you could cut back on the banging of what somebody else likes and derives joy from?

+1

I'm not stealing anyone's joy, is not the question of this thread "What does everyone think of Signature Series"? So, Arex, I'm, not entitled to my opinon that the OP ask for????? So, by all means you Yellow label lovers....spend away. Plus, I never mentioned what I like to collect compaired to "sig series" collectors.....sorry dude you are way off base on that comeback.

Since you have a thick skin, I really need to tell you something: you REALLY need to learn how to use commas correctly.

My cross is the comma splice :tonofbricks:

Let me help:

I hate signed books, no one should get their books signed.

I hate signed books; no one should get their books signed. :)

Yes, I know, it's a crutch I must bear.

Not to mention mixed metaphors.

lol

This made me laugh like a prostitute in church.

My cross is the comma splice :tonofbricks:

Let me help:

I hate signed books, no one should get their books signed.

I hate signed books; no one should get their books signed. :)

Actually...

I hate signed books, and no one should get their books signed.