• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink or Heritage?

27 posts in this topic

Well I guess if I have a reserve, there is nothing to lose. If it doesnt sell, it doesnt sell.

You really only need a reserve if you overpaid for the piece in the first place or it's been shopped to death. I know many people who just won't participate in an auction when there is a reserve so you might run the risk of losing some potential buyers. Not only that, I have run many, many auctions on ebay with no reserve and 90% of the time I get to AT LEAST the reserve number I would have set, and usually that number gets beat handily. The only caveat to my experiences is that I have run very few ebay auctions in the last couple of years, so the landscape might have changed in recent years.

Scott

A piece of art sold in Heritage for just under $5000. Years later the exact piece came up for sale on Comiclink & I won it for under $1500.

1 sale certainly is not a pattern, but it does show an approximate $3500 loss for the Heritage buyer.

Well... I don't think it is comparable because it is different points in time. Things get hot and things get cold.

I've seen the same pieces sold and resold many times with different prices on ebay. I'm not sure what can be extrapolated from that.

Malvin

I'd personally pay a lot more for the front cover simply because its the front cover.

I would have guessed something like 60% for the back cover instead of the 43% or so we see here, but I just don't find it that shocking.

Take that thor pinup clem so had and posted on the boards a few times.... throw that onto an early JIM cover and its probably worth 4x what its worth now. The front cover is just a lot more recongizable in most cases and for that reason there's comic nerd status in having the front cover. 2c

60-40 split would be reasonable I think so:

FC - $2008

BC - $1338

By that measure, using eBay cost the seller 476.83.

I can say that I was willing to pay the same for the BC as the FC because I wanted both, but that's a special case. :)

I am going with comiclink.

In regards to the reserve thing, these are not pieces I HAVE to sell, but could use the money for other things. That being said, if they do not sell for what I want, I will keep them.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Comiclink will be getting the Alex Ross painting, a Joe Chiodo fully painted cover, and a Frank Cho finished piece for their November auction.