• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HG CGC PLODS - Silver Surfer 4 9.2, JLA 25 9.0 & J.I.M 100 on eBay/No Reserve!

8 posts in this topic

no scans? confused-smiley-013.gif

No scanner. Kinkos wants $30 a pop "because they're oversized." And the ONLY thing I would know how to do with a digital camera, the one I got 6 months ago still sits in its box, would be to press the button to shoot a picture. Downloading pictures to the internet and any other stuff like that is beyond me at this point.

Sorry. Call me an electronics know-nothing. foreheadslap.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

How's the centering on the SS 4?

Considering I looked for this book in true near mint shape for years, (before CGC and the internet would have taken care of that) I'd honestly say it's the finest copy I ever came across. One reason why I bought it. The other being that it doesn't have that scrunched up spine problem so common with square bounds.

When I sent it to CGC I thought it may earn a 9.4 but lowered my estimate to 9.2 to be conservative. Got the 9.2 all right. That they found it had been touched up, and if you can see where you'd have better eyes than me, because I never did, was the REAL surprise.

The 3 books I have up all came back from my first subs of 9. Great average for baseball, but sure stunk for comicdom. And no, in case you're wondering, the books were neither from comic-keys or any one dealer in one buy. They came from three different dealers over the years. Alll of them with excellent reps IMO. What can ya do? confused-smiley-013.gif