• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor + Gaiman + P. Craig Russell

17 posts in this topic

The subject sums it up. I got this off of comicart-l and whoever posted it there says they got it from millarworld, so your mileage may vary. If that's the team... WOW!

Please note that Mr. Donut posted this a month ago. acclaim.gif

If that's the team... WOW!

I dunno. I love P Craig Russell's art, and he's perfect for Dr Strange, Sandman or Elric, but he draws such willowy characters, would his style suit Thor? I just can't picture Thor as the typical stringbean effete that Russell normally draws.

Of course, what do I know? If someone had told me that Garth Ennis' work would go great with an artist with an ultra clean and "bright" look, I would've said they were nuts, and yet I loved his work with Steve Dillon.

I would guess this to be a mini. They just put a new creative team on the main Thor book and I wouldn't think Gaiman would be interested in doing an ongoing.

As Donut posted, it's the ongoing series starting with #87.

Is Thor published quarterly? That's about the only way your going to get 4 consecutive issues with Russel working on it. I can't believe it's anything more than a story arc.

Is Thor published quarterly? That's about the only way your going to get 4 consecutive issues with Russel working on it. I can't believe it's anything more than a story arc.

I'm sure it's just a story arc. I'm also sure Russell is drawing it right now, months ahead of the first issue coming out 27_laughing.gif