• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do these new pedigrees rank?

73 posts in this topic

I will say non miswrapped Suschas are amazing. Posted examples abound

I was going to say that as my response to this post. It seems like most Suchas I am seeing always have terrible miswraps and multiple copies of books seem to water it down for me.

Twin Cities is a pretty great pedigree. Plenty of key books and it stretches back at least to the early days of Marvel. The books seem to be very fresh with great pages.

But if distributor ink bothers you a lot, it may not be for you.

Suscha News: I could be wrong, but it's more of a Bronze Age pedigree to me. I have seen some nice Silver Age books, but I've seen far more Bronze books represented. Many of the Bronze books are about the nicest I've ever seen.

Rocky Mountains: Very solid pedigree, but not upper echelon. The earliest Marvels are not super high grade. But like many collections, the books get very nice around 1965 or so. Some of the books have tanning issues which bugs some folks like me.

I will say non miswrapped Suschas are amazing. Posted examples abound

I was going to say that as my response to this post. It seems like most Suchas I am seeing always have terrible miswraps and multiple copies of books seem to water it down for me.

There's plenty that are wrapped perfectly but there are a lot of mis wraps. And yes, it does have a bunch of multiples. I follow the Avengers much more closely than other titles and it seems like almost all the BA Suscha Avengers have multiple issues. I actually like it, gives me an extra chance to get one if I want (shrug)

Twin Cities is a pretty great pedigree. Plenty of key books and it stretches back at least to the early days of Marvel. The books seem to be very fresh with great pages.

But if distributor ink bothers you a lot, it may not be for you.

Suscha News: I could be wrong, but it's more of a Bronze Age pedigree to me. I have seen some nice Silver Age books, but I've seen far more Bronze books represented. Many of the Bronze books are about the nicest I've ever seen.

Rocky Mountains: Very solid pedigree, but not upper echelon. The earliest Marvels are not super high grade. But like many collections, the books get very nice around 1965 or so. Some of the books have tanning issues which bugs some folks like me.

+1

Barton is spot on as usual (thumbs u

Suscha News is more of a BA collection but damn are they some amazing BA books! There's very few early SA in Suscha and the ones that it does have aren't the highest grades. Twin cities on the other hand has plenty of uber HG SA books. Personally, I think the BA Suschas have better color and gloss than the Twin Cities books from the same time frames but Twin Cities definitely blows it out of the water in the SA issues.

Just curious, at what point do you guys see a collection consisting of ONLY Bronze age books being certified a pedigree? As far as I know all of the pedigrees that contain Bronze Age books are pedigress mostly because the majority of books are Silver Age.

Just curious, at what point do you guys see a collection consisting of ONLY Bronze age books being certified a pedigree? As far as I know all of the pedigrees that contain Bronze Age books are pedigress mostly because the majority of books are Silver Age.

If a complete Marvel/DC collection was discovered full of OO bronze books in 9.6/9.8 i have no doubt they would try to sell it as a pedigree, it would be up to the collectors if they accepted it or not. Personally i would. In 1970 there were only 12,000 adult collectors. It's not until the 1980's that adult collecting became the norm.

It wasn't until the 90's that Silver Age was considered for Pedigree, up until then they had only been Golden Age.

I'm a fan of the Rocky Mountains, been to Canada several times :grin:

Seriously though, I think the RM's have bright colours on the front covers, generally good page quality. I have about 4 in my Batman collection, I will generally have them if they are available and I need to fill that issue.

Oaklands :shrug:

Jim

Oaklands :shrug:

Jim

There are SA books in the Oakland collection.

But yes, the Oaklands are a borderline pedigree at best.

Hey Tim, do you think at some time we reach a point where BA books are old enough that a strictly BA collection could be considered Pedigree?

A lot of BA books are now 40+ years old which is as old as GA books were when the 1st Pedigrees were found. In say 10,15,20 years, are BA books old enough that it could be acceptable to have a strictly BA true Pedigree?

What is special about earlier pedigrees is that those comics were not saved and yet managed to make it through the decades.

It's unlikely that Bronze pedigrees will appear, simply because there is a greater of abundance of Bronze books than there is Silver or Gold.

By the time 1970 came around people were saving and even hoarding comics in great numbers. It's not as special having a complete run of Bronze books as it is Silver and Gold books for that reason alone.

The only exception would be if something happened that made paper products rare (like a paper drive, a comic burning or just the complete obsolescence of paper) making even a bronze book difficult to find.

At this point it's hard to say but I doubt it, although stranger things have happened.

What about after the impending zombie apocalypse? hm

You will be eating those Avengers books in whatever order your OCD compels you to, to obtain the infinitesimal amount of energy contained therein.

What about after the impending zombie apocalypse? hm

You will be eating those Avengers books in whatever order your OCD compels you to, to obtain the infinitesimal amount of energy contained therein.

MMMmmmmmm, i can only imagine how awesome Avengers Pedigrees would taste :cloud9:

I've got enough firepower stockpiled though to hopefully keep me from having to eat my comics. Probably a lot of alligator on the menu but hopefully no comics :wishluck:

No.

Firehair = fortune teller

A prophet is never welcome in his own country.

You've been paying attention.