• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9.6 with a Marvel chip ?

11 posts in this topic

I don't understand how this book can be a 9.6 with the chip ?

I am also very suspicous about the book. I think I am familiar with it as a 9.4 with a still attached pre Marvel chip. Is it possible that by removing the chip the book was allowed to go from a 9.4 to 9.6 ? I hope I am wrong. Please tell me I am wrong.

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/detail.php?issue_id=41941

could it have made it thru a press with the chip still attached and then the chip fell off once regraded/reslabbed at 9.6? dont see it floating in the case, but I also cant see a high res scan of the book...

JIM #112 is one of those books that is notorious for Marvel chipping and pre-chipping so depending on the size of the chip, in my experience CGC has been known to be quite lenient on that particular defect for this issue.

I've seen a pretty rough right edge in the 9.6 range from this era of Marvels so I assume if it's a very clean book otherwise, CGC may have been OK with a 9.6 on this book.

Your mileage may vary.

:shy:

This is actual copy from the auction:

"We sold the Mass. copy, back in October, 2006, for $14,500 and this crazy book blows is just as nice."

Probably was going to say "blows it away" then decided against it. hm

This is actual copy from the auction:

"We sold the Mass. copy, back in October, 2006, for $14,500 and this crazy book blows is just as nice."

Probably was going to say "blows it away" then decided against it. hm

Yes, I noticed that also. I actually think it would behoove Doug to cut back on all the

spin. It really gets old.

I really have to buy me a NM copy of that issue one day. I remember the rush when I first saw that cover as a kid and it still gets the juices flowing today. :cloud9:

+1

I've had probably 10 8.5-9-4 copies picked out in various auctions over the last 18 months I wanted to buy. That's a book that seems to NEVER go cheap though. NEVER!!! :frustrated:

Every time, the bidding got too high for me too match with all the Avengers I always have on my plate. If I ever finish that dang run, JIM 112 is definitely in the top 3 books I'm going to buy 1st! :wishluck:

I really have to buy me a NM copy of that issue one day. I remember the rush when I first saw that cover as a kid and it still gets the juices flowing today. :cloud9:

+1

I've had probably 10 8.5-9-4 copies picked out in various auctions over the last 18 months I wanted to buy. That's a book that seems to NEVER go cheap though. NEVER!!! :frustrated:

Every time, the bidding got too high for me too match with all the Avengers I always have on my plate. If I ever finish that dang run, JIM 112 is definitely in the top 3 books I'm going to buy 1st! :wishluck:

Too bad you didn't see my 9.4 OW/W in a Clink auction last winter. Went for a 4 year GPA low ($3200). Part of the reason I gave up consigning with them. Got tired of paying 10% to achieve below market results.

+1

Too bad you didn't see my 9.4 OW/W in a Clink auction last winter. Went for a 4 year GPA low ($3200). Part of the reason I gave up consigning with them. Got tired of paying 10% to achieve below market results.

Danggit! That was probably when i was on my "hiatus" for a few months! :censored:

+1

+1