• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Think Tank

1,138 posts in this topic

Looking at the print runs from Comichron

#1 6,502

#2 5,713

#3 5,279

#4 4,656

Observing that the numbers going down with each issue, we can assume #5 could be around 4,000 to 4,500 of the regular cover 1,000 and 1,125 for the 1:4 cosplay variant

respectfully. So I'm expecting 5,000 to around 5,600 total.

I like the one shot variant better.

Has anyone picked up the $20 print on the website? I want to buy it for my office, but want to know the quality first. Is it card stock?

I'll repost what I put on the Blowout boards:

"I confirmed that last month after I talked to Matt Hawkins at the Amazing Arizona Comic Con, I posted it on these boards. He and Rashan Ekedal are confirmed already for 12 issues, and Matt hawkins was quoted in the past saying he loves writing it and wants it to go to at least 100 issues. There is no rift or anything, but if for any reason Ekedal doesn't want to go past 12 issues, Matt said he'd be willing to find another artist to keep it going on as a series. I think the SDCC Virgin Variants are about to dry up on eBay and with a minimum of 7 more months/issues of the series, I can't see them doing anything but going up. There are only 500 of the Variant and I think about 7,500 of the #1 First Print (and only 1,500 of the #1 Second Print which is the best cover art of all the Think Tanks, so it could be a real sleeper too).

The pasion in his voice when talking about the series makes me think there's no way he doesn't carry this series to at least a run of 24 issues, and he's already pitched the idea as a TV show even before the comic came out, so you never know..."

As for the Arizona Print, I stood right above them at the show when talking to Matt, and I didn't pick one up. It almost had a plastic type canvas look to it, but I thought there were more than 25 made. The Vanity cover for #5 was indeed a 1:4 ratio, and that is a photo of Matt Hawkins (he said he was just messing around and threw on a wig he used to be Kurt Cobain a few Halloweens before) and his girlfriend I guess (she was at his booth at the Arizona show, so I'm just guessing). I got Matt to sign my #5 Vanity, should have had her sign it too. Now if the US Postal Service ever learns how to read a map and find my house (shipped last Wednesday from Florida), I will have three CGC 9.8 SS Think Tank #1 Bagus Variants signed by Matt in Silver ink up top (the signature really stands out).

My #1 2nd print is filthy. I guess I have to hunt for another.

I sold my #5 vanity, but I know my LCS has it for $7 still. And I don't have the one shot vanity. I didn't even know there was a #1 Arizona? Pics?

I am happy I currently own a completed run. I am also happy I was able to sell a few runs on the cheap to boardies when I had extras.

This series is great. Hope it keeps on going for years.

Is the accurate? >

#1 1st print

#1 SDCC (lmt to 500)

#1 2nd print

#5 Vanity Variant (1:4)

Military Dossier

Military Dossier Vanity Variant ArizonaCon (lmt to 250)

Vol 1 TPB

I am happy I currently own a completed run. I am also happy I was able to sell a few runs on the cheap to boardies when I had extras.

This series is great. Hope it keeps on going for years.

Is the accurate? >

#1 1st print

#1 SDCC (lmt to 500)

#1 2nd print

#5 Vanity Variant (1:4)

Military Dossier

Military Dossier Vanity Variant ArizonaCon (lmt to 250)

Vol 1 TPB

Think Tank #1 Ashcan (limit to 150)

Ashcan!!! doh!

I keep forgetting that one. Someone here has like 30 of them... cough 'em up :grin:

Yes Plleeeaassee. I missed the window when they were up on the Top Cow site. I know Nico had one, but I haven't seen him around these parts in a long while.

I like the one shot variant better.

Has anyone picked up the $20 print on the website? I want to buy it for my office, but want to know the quality first. Is it card stock?

Sheesh. I posted a pic of one just a few posts above yours.