• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Think Tank

1,138 posts in this topic

Do you guys think that this book will get into the 10,000+ per month printing one day, or is it too intellectual for the average comic book buyer who wants to see flying super-heroes and big explosions? Think Tank and Saga are the two books every month that I have to wake up early to get to the LCS right away and usually read it in the parking lot while in my car just after purchasing.

All jokes aside, TT would be an awesome TV show.

(Somewhere on the net someone is going to say they saw TT was going to be a TV show, when in fact I was merely stating it would be an awesome show. This miscommunication will go viral. Networks will investigate to see which competitor has bought the rights to TT. Finding no one has them yet, network executives will scramble to buy up the rights and get a pilot on the air.... Hype has transcended comicdom and is now mainstream media. If Norman Bates can get a TV show, Dr. Loren deserves a shot.... )

(Somewhere on the net someone is going to say they saw TT was going to be a TV show, when in fact I was merely stating it would be an awesome show. This miscommunication will go viral. Networks will investigate to see which competitor has bought the rights to TT. Finding no one has them yet, network executives will scramble to buy up the rights and get a pilot on the air.... Hype has transcended comicdom and is now mainstream media. If Norman Bates can get a TV show, Dr. Loren deserves a shot.... )

I def think tt would make an interesting show, audiences eat up the really smart/arrogant protagonists ie sherlock, house, mentalist etc.

Dr Loren reminds me to the smart guy on the show "Numbers" - but cooler.

I've never watched that show beyond one episode that was playing while chillin' at someone's house. But, I get the appeal and think TT would be an awesome show.

I talked to Matt Hawkins for about half an hour at the Amazing Arizona Con in January. He actually pitched Think Tank as a show several years before it became a comic, obviously no takers at the time, but with a little comic success and longevity, I could definitely see it happening. The Bagus Hutomo SDCC Variant is actually a piece of concept art that Matt used to try to pitch it as a TV show, that wasn't even meant to be a comic book cover.

I talked to Matt Hawkins for about half an hour at the Amazing Arizona Con in January. He actually pitched Think Tank as a show several years before it became a comic, obviously no takers at the time, but with a little comic success and longevity, I could definitely see it happening. The Bagus Hutomo SDCC Variant is actually a piece of concept art that Matt used to try to pitch it as a TV show, that wasn't even meant to be a comic book cover.

Really cool info, especially about the sdcc variant.

Matt Hawkins is probably one of the coolest guys you'll ever talk to, pretty safe to say he's a legitimate genius since he got his Master's from Cal Tech (little known school, but probably just as prestigious as Harvard or Yale for those in the know). He told me that he's basically an internet junkie as far as his information for Think Tank, that there was a day where he just bookmarked sites to do research (not even doing the research that day, just bookmarking sites to do research at a future time) and he all of a sudden realized it was 7:00 PM and he had been bookmarking sites for nine hours.

If you get a chance to meet him at a Con, he is very easy to approach and actually enjoys talking your ear off. I'll see him again next weekend in Anaheim, any questions you want me to ask him? I'm glad I'll have the chance to thank him for these as well:

image_zps3b93fe5e.jpg

image_zpscc8f2521.jpg

image_zps2b13899f.jpg

image_zpsf81bf5a5.jpg

He's going to think I'm stalking him.

Thanks, the three pages I have are the first ever Think Tank page (#1, page 1), the first ever page with David Loren (#1, page 6), and the first page with Mirra Sway (#1, page 19). I got all three for just over half of what the asking price was for the cover of #4, so I was very happy with the price tags. I feel like I have a good sized chunk of Think Tank's history in those three pages.