• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

The seller is one of the most honorable people I know, and one of my dear friends. He would never shill (if some are thinking that) and truthfully wouldn't have the time lol. Small business owner and attends just about every show possible to stock his eBay business. This book is very tiny on his radar of sales.

I was not implying anything by my post. I was just making a joke in reference to the other shenanigans talk. Do not read into anything I say ever because I never know what I'm talking about.

I think the thread of conversation was more shenanigans related to over-eager buyers going nuts. I think Solar summed it up pretty well - couple more of these and then when everyone gets books back from CGC there will be a steady supply (within reason) and prices should stabilize.

The seller is one of the most honorable people I know, and one of my dear friends. He would never shill (if some are thinking that) and truthfully wouldn't have the time lol. Small business owner and attends just about every show possible to stock his eBay business. This book is very tiny on his radar of sales.

I was not implying anything by my post. I was just making a joke in reference to the other shenanigans talk. Do not read into anything I say ever because I never know what I'm talking about.

:gossip: I think jonjesper posted his reply in response to "Jrdawg's" comment that a couple of years ago "topnotchcomics" was accused of shill bidding on a Platinum Spider-Man #1.

:grin:

He was. Jrdawg quoted my post in his post and I 'quoted' the wrong person. I don't function well in the morning until I get my coffee. I should've quoted Jrdawg when saying that if he is using my post to infer that this was a shill auction, then that wasn't my intention at all.

+1

topnotch Tom is an A+ seller.

Of course that sale is "impressive", but one has to wonder if the onslaught of so many "variants" is going to be a deterrent for future buyers. While the Saga examples listed are a great example, potential buyers of Saga have only one choice as far as "variants" go. Bedlam has what? Seven different "variants" so far?

Of course that sale is "impressive", but one has to wonder if the onslaught of so many "variants" is going to be a deterrent for future buyers. While the Saga examples listed are a great example, potential buyers of Saga have only one choice as far as "variants" go. Bedlam has what? Seven different "variants" so far?

I know there are a lot of examples out there for people to prove me wrong, but part of the reason I liked Image and the other independents was the (recent) lack of variants. You buy an issue and that's it; it's the only one. I looked at the big 2 and there were at least 1 variant for every issue for most of their series; a big turn-off as you could practically see the dollar signs in their eyes.

Sure, put out a variant of a special/hallmark issue (#1, #50, #100, etc), but what Bedlam and Revival are trending towards is a downer for me. /end rant

I know there are a lot of examples out there for people to prove me wrong, but part of the reason I liked Image and the other independents was the (recent) lack of variants. You buy an issue and that's it; it's the only one. I looked at the big 2 and there were at least 1 variant for every issue for most of their series; a big turn-off as you could practically see the dollar signs in their eyes.

Sure, put out a variant of a special/hallmark issue (#1, #50, #100, etc), but what Bedlam and Revival are trending towards is a downer for me. /end rant

I agree, the variants are annoying, but as long as the covers are cool looking, then I'm ok with it. Just don't put out a variant with some *spoon* cover. *Cough* - Walking Dead 100 lucille edition *cough*

Edited by HugeRosen

I agree, the variants are annoying, but as long as the covers are cool looking, then I'm ok with it. Just don't put out a variant with some *spoon* cover. *Cough* - Walking Dead 100 lucille edition *cough*

+1 I still cannot believe the premium that cover commanded. Sure it is an O K cover but nothing iconic like an issue 19 or 27 cover which are just purely well done. It would be like coming out with a Thief of Thieves variant that has a machine gun on the cover. REALLY? lol.

Well this book better take off I just scored myself so far this weekend 2 NYCC variants, 2 Phantom Variants, 1 Detroit Variant and have around 6 regular copies on order.

Going to be picking up a 9.8 signed copy of the NYCC sketch variant later in the week.

for more than $550 i am sure lol

Nevermind on getting that now this week. The turd who I had been talking with lead me to believe that it was signed and on its way back from CGC. The reality of it is that it is signed and would get a for sure 9.8 grade he says if subbed. Turd doesn't understand how the Sig Series program works.

:)

Ill have a few for sale in @. 3 weeks

The reason I haven't been bothered to read either issue.

BEDLAM #1 (MR) 2ND PRINTING

IMAGE COMICS

(W) Nick Spencer (A) Riley Rossmo (CA) Frazer Irving

Fillmore Press was once Madder Red, a homicidal maniac and criminal overlord who terrorized the town of Bedlam for years. Then he got better. This is what happens next. A double-sized introduction to a blood-soaked cityscape of murder, mayhem, and mystery by NICK SPENCER (MORNING GLORIES, THIEF OF THIEVES) and RILEY ROSSMO (REBEL BLOOD, GREEN WAKE)!

SHIPS 11/28

:banana: :banana:

BEDLAM #1 (MR) 2ND PRINTING

IMAGE COMICS

(W) Nick Spencer (A) Riley Rossmo (CA) Frazer Irving

Fillmore Press was once Madder Red, a homicidal maniac and criminal overlord who terrorized the town of Bedlam for years. Then he got better. This is what happens next. A double-sized introduction to a blood-soaked cityscape of murder, mayhem, and mystery by NICK SPENCER (MORNING GLORIES, THIEF OF THIEVES) and RILEY ROSSMO (REBEL BLOOD, GREEN WAKE)!

SHIPS 11/28

:banana: :banana:

Oh, Eric. Nothing gets you more excited that multiple prints. :/

I haven't read the book yet, but hope it's worthy.

Ryan