• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

d secures the value of OA

How exactly? Long term this is not a solid OA buy even at $50 a page, sorry.

If you like the art and story then the OA is worth it

2c

If you are buying on speculation only then that's a different story

+1

If you like the art and story then the OA is worth it

2c

If you are buying on speculation only then that's a different story

Agreed 100%.

A lot of the frenzy for Bedlam OA has been for flipping because it's currently a good window given all the anticipation for the book (plus fairly reasonable prices). Though, I am pretty sure Riley is going to ramp up the prices on forthcoming issues. Granted there are a few collectors who just want a page or two for their collection but this is what I've seen.

got my invoice with shipping from Forbidden Planet. I ordered two of the variants. Shipping to me was 8 GBP so a grand total of 13.00 GBP which is about $20 US.

Now lets just hope they arrive in minty fresh condition! :)

So few minutes ago I paid deposit for one page of OA from Bedlam. :)

Thats my absolutely first OA I ever bought, so im really excited :) Yesterday I finished reading early issue of Bedlam and when I saw hanging all those pages on the wall today I couldn't resist!

Propably I would choose different page, but MOST of them were allready reserved, but fortunately they had this beauty left waiting for me:

uH1Wu.jpg

Its got Filler Press on it, its got Madder Red on it, its got super hero on it (didnt catch his name :) ), black/white/red panels + colour panels...

Thas what I wanted, thats what I got ;)

Now just wait till 16th of November when the exhibition end!

Cant wait!

Sorry for long post :)

EDIT: I will post better picture when I have it at home!

Edited by Dragunov

Sorry if I missed this somewhere but I just got an email from FP...

Either Forbidden planet messed up my invoice....or they doubled the price for those that pre-ordered. I realize that prices can go up but to double the price is pretty crappy.

. My order was limited recently and now a week later doubled in price. Top notch service right there lol.

I haven't got anything from FP for my preorder yet.

When are they shipping the Third Eye Variants?

I got e-mail on Monday afternoon from paypal with tracking # from Third Eye for their bedlam variants. No tracking info is available yet, so I'm assuming they just printed the label.

Looking at my order they cut the order in half and the price is double for that half. Im assuming they messed up the invoice by limiting the order but not adjusting the price.

I hope thats the case anyhow

Yes, that's correct. They limited orders, but did not change the invoice totals. I just got billed for my order, and the total was corrected at payment.

Just checked my FP account and my Bedlam #1's and FP variants are being shipped today.

No variants in store, and they are limiting each customer to 2 copies of the standard book.

Have just come from the FP web-site as well and they are re-taking orders for the variants- which is a change from yesterday as they had stopped all on-line variant orders - another 20 on its way!! :)

edit - although nice price hike!! the variant pre-order prices were £2.40($3.60ish), now they are up to £3.99($6ish)

Edited by Ivan Testemitanu

Here were the 6 I picked up yesterday

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

The top two (both in the same photos are mine... The other three on show are going to two other boardies Jamie (PsychoJ), Doug (dhurley1125) and I believe one will be on it's way to Steve (EvilAsh).

I also went back today and helped out another Boardie who wanted some and secured another 4, I have photos but I don't want to show them without his Permission.

Cool, glad to see people picking up Riley's work. He is always one of my fav artists to visit at a convention.

Really cool guy to talk to and really fair pricing on his commissions and pages. Half the time his pages are a steal! Looking forward to sitting down and finally reading this today.

Not long term ... just the next 6-12 months ... cause the book will do well in the retail market and in the secondary market for the next 6 to 12 months. It may be toilet paper in a year and a half. I doubt it though. Did you read the first issue. I think you'll be behind the property once you do. It was pretty darn good first issue.