• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

I would be patient with Third Eye. With the Hurricane causing chaos, I know they closed the business for a bit. They are about customer service and I'm sure you will see your books soon.

For all that ordered the Third Eye Variant, congrats as you probably know they are sold out.

I imagine that the terrible weather on the East Coast has given Third Eye pause about sending books through those states and I imagine that they intentionally waited for Bedlam to hit stores on Wednesday before shipping books because some retailers complained about their customers receiving their Third Eye Revival variants before the book was on their shelves. Third Eye has always treated me with respect and I trust them to do so now and in the future.

Anyone know when third eye is mailing out our pre orders???

Anyone else still not received their Phantom Variant pre-order from Third Eye? It appears at least 1 person had received their as I seen 1 feedback, but I can't even tell if mine has been shipped yet or not as there is no tracking. First time I ordered something from Third Eye so not sure if they don't use tracking or something.

I emailed with a guy from Third Eye yesterday who said the storm definitely delayed things (but thankfully they're all safe), and that a huge stack of books were being shipped today (yesterday) and tomorrow (today).

Edited by roastedbagel

I emailed with a guy from Third Eye yesterday who said the storm definitely delayed things (but thankfully they're all safe), and that a huge stack of books were being shipped today (yesterday) and tomorrow (today).

Sound good. First time ordering through them so wasn't sure what to expect. Thanks.

BTW, is it me or the Third Eye Variant is cooler looking than the Phantom Variant?

Edited by Fabianz1977

Sound good. First time ordering through them so wasn't sure what to expect. Thanks.

BTW, is it me or the Third Eye Variant is cooler looking than the Phantom Variant?

I think the FP is the best cover of all of them, too bad about the signing nonsense. Has Larry put his unsigned stock he traded for, up for sale yet?

Edited by CBT

I preferred the FP to the Phantom until I saw the Phantom in person and it knocked my socks off ... not sure if I will change my mind again when I see the FP variant in person or not. It looks great in photographs. I wish that Third Eye wouldn't put it's symbol on every variant it did. I understand the marketing theory, but come on this is art not Tyler Perry's Media No. xxx ... at least make it smaller!

I think the FP is the best cover of all of them, too bad about the signing nonsense. Has Larry put his unsigned stock he traded for, up for sale yet?

Waiting for this as well!

third eye guys are top notch.

I must agree to this. My first time dealing with them, and I emailed at around 11pm the other night and I was shocked to get a reply minutes after I sent it fully apologizing and explaining the delay due to the storm.

Definitely won me over.

I think the Detroit cover might be my favorite. Then 3rd Eye, FP, NYC, Phantom, Regular. I agree that 3rd Eye looks much better in person than I was expecting - the sharp red/black contrast just does it for me, and it's the most detailed cover. Might actually be my favorite if not for the mascot at the bottom of the cover. Honestly though, I like all of the covers EXCEPT for the regular one. With so many to choose from, I can't believe they couldn't do better for the largest release of the bunch.

I'm a newish collector and am getting confused by the variants. Should I buy all of the variants if its the same story? Or are variants based on rarity just for investment purposes? I was going to buy 2 copies of the regular issue, but I'm not sure now.

Personal preference. Some collectors like to have one of every variant, others just buy the regular issue, or whichever variant is your favorite. It depends on your reason for buying.

If you are buying as an investment, it's really a question of which cover you think might appreciate the most based on scarcity, quality of cover art, and price point.

It looks like the two rarest covers are the NYCC RRP sketch cover, and the Detroit variant. If it turns out that these are each print runs of 500 (which I think is a pretty strong possibility), then I might target the Detroit cover, as it's currently much more affordable than the sketch cover.

I'm a newish collector and am getting confused by the variants. Should I buy all of the variants if its the same story? Or are variants based on rarity just for investment purposes? I was going to buy 2 copies of the regular issue, but I'm not sure now.

Yes. You want to buy 17 copies of every variant and subsequent print (2nd, 3rd, 4th). :grin:

Depends on what you're looking to do with your books. Want the "complete" collection? then you need all the variants. want to read the story and enjoy it? buy the regular release. want to "invest" in the book because you feel it will be "popular" down the line, but dont want to spend the big bucks? Then pick up multiples of the regular release, and your ROI will be fine down the line if you sell when your % is comfortable. remember, these are comics, never get overly greedy

The 3rd eye variant for this book is doing well and iv said previously the only copy I haven't been able to get so looking for one of those. Off the back of that do you think other 3rd eye variants will do well, the deadpool variant for example? I was just considering wether to get some of the other 3rd eye variants or wether the bedlam one was only doing well because of the book and not the cover

subjective question.

What is your goal?

If you want to make sure you get a copy, then standard 1st print is all you need.

If you want to make a quick buck, you (too late) buy the rarer "limited edition or 'variant'" covers as soon as they come out, then re-sell on ebay.

If you are speculating on the book, (too sell later because you think it will continue to grow, or might have its rights bought), then you want to "hoard" a little bit. If you are aggressive, buy some of everything to sell as "groups". If you are conservative, buy two of everything, one to keep and one to sell. Generally speaking, the top variant (sketch in this case) would be the one to buy now, if you think the book has long term potential.

I dont think it has shaken out which will be the second most valuable yet, but Detroit seems to be the leading candidate.