• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

Anyone got a Detroit variant they hate looking at and wanna sell? :):popcorn:

You're not the only one who wants one lol

I got one off ebay and seller hasn't sent it or contacted me in over a week. eBay dispute time.

Seller ID?

I ordered one from ebay ID 52861karen.

Haven't received a tracking number, so I sent my first message tonight.

I'll update as more information becomes available.

ML..

I ordered books from her and she indicated that she's been preoccupied with family who are suffering from Sandy related weather that this has delayed the delivery of our comics. This is the form email she sent to me in reference to both of my purchases:

Hi there, I have the books ready to send and will update with a tracking # by Monday afternoon, it's been a hectic week having relatives over in Maryland dealing with the hurricane and trying to help them as much as I can. Unfortunately getting the items out in the mail that I sold got lost in the fray. But don't worry you shall be receiving your item(s) soon. They are awesome!

Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience.

- 52861karen

I ordered books from her and she indicated that she's been preoccupied with family who are suffering from Sandy related weather that this has delayed the delivery of our comics. This is the form email she sent to me in reference to both of my purchases:

Hi there, I have the books ready to send and will update with a tracking # by Monday afternoon, it's been a hectic week having relatives over in Maryland dealing with the hurricane and trying to help them as much as I can. Unfortunately getting the items out in the mail that I sold got lost in the fray. But don't worry you shall be receiving your item(s) soon. They are awesome!

Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience.

- 52861karen

Same e-mail I got. I guess I'll wait till Monday.

So obviously there are a lot of people banking heavily on this comic and betting significant money on it's future strength in the secondary market. The question that has always troubled me about this conclusion is this: Is Bedlam too f'd up a plot to have broad demand that will keep it selling out and drive prices up in the future? I've got a little bit of cash invested in the comics, but nothing crazy, Just a few hundred bucks. My thought is that it's definitely messed up, but that the writers appear to be exploring other subject matters than than the psychopathy of the serial killer (e.g., government, politics, the criminal justice system, etc.), and that while it is definitely an adult comic so is the Walking Dead which had some insanely graphic and disturbing things, themes, etc. happen in it. What's everyone else think?

So obviously there are a lot of people banking heavily on this comic and betting significant money on it's future strength in the secondary market. The question that has always troubled me about this conclusion is this: Is Bedlam too f'd up a plot to have broad demand that will keep it selling out and drive prices up in the future? I've got a little bit of cash invested in the comics, but nothing crazy, Just a few hundred bucks. My thought is that it's definitely messed up, but that the writers appear to be exploring other subject matters than than the psychopathy of the serial killer (e.g., government, politics, the criminal justice system, etc.), and that while it is definitely an adult comic so is the Walking Dead which had some insanely graphic and disturbing things, themes, etc. happen in it. What's everyone else think?

Couldn't agree more. But I think that's the point of it right, these stories are for adults who are looking for an adult read, not just us comic book hero lovers but also people who love a good story. I see it as the kind of comic I would recommend to someone who has American Psycho on their bookshelf but has never read a comic book in their life.

Having said that a small girls throat getting sliced isnt everyone's cup of tea!

It was stomach churning and still disturbing. I think the main reason I have doubts that Filmore is Madder is that I don't know if a comic told from the perspective of a psychopath, sociopath, lunatic serial killer struggling with his urges to murder and torture can work. I imagine that we're going to get a lot of pages told from the perspective of other characters. I also wonder if Filmore is just crazy and Madder is one the loose and Filmore just thinks he's Madder Red b/c of what the crazy doctor does to him in the Bedlam. Is that plausible, probable or just too far fetched?

It was stomach churning and still disturbing. I think the main reason I have doubts that Filmore is Madder is that I don't know if a comic told from the perspective of a psychopath, sociopath, lunatic serial killer struggling with his urges to murder and torture can work. I imagine that we're going to get a lot of pages told from the perspective of other characters. I also wonder if Filmore is just crazy and Madder is one the loose and Filmore just thinks he's Madder Red b/c of what the crazy doctor does to him in the Bedlam. Is that plausible, probable or just too far fetched?

Hard to say this early what is and isn't possible, but those are interesting theories.

Couldn't agree more. But I think that's the point of it right, these stories are for adults who are looking for an adult read, not just us comic book hero lovers but also people who love a good story. I see it as the kind of comic I would recommend to someone who has American Psycho on their bookshelf but has never read a comic book in their life.

Having said that a small girls throat getting sliced isnt everyone's cup of tea!

I think the series has a ton of potential, and I'm quite intrigued to know where it's going. American Psycho is a good analogy. As I read it, I'm also reminded of some of the disturbing Joker scenes in the Dark Knight... and think about what a mainstream movie that ended up being, at least in terms of sales.

And yes, Walking Dead has shown that there is a wide audience for material that is pretty graphic and intense.

I think the series has a ton of potential, and I'm quite intrigued to know where it's going. American Psycho is a good analogy. As I read it, I'm also reminded of some of the disturbing Joker scenes in the Dark Knight... and think about what a mainstream movie that ended up being, at least in terms of sales.

And yes, Walking Dead has shown that there is a wide audience for material that is pretty graphic and intense.

I think we are all in the 18-40 year old male demographic here that can handle this type of comic. Dexter is my favorite show on tv and that's about a serial killer. Yes, he kills only bad people, but it's still based around a serial killer mind. This comic can be very similar. IMO, strictly investment purpose, the storyline being dark won't affect it. This is the type of storyline I'm most interested in and most of my age group would be interested in. We are the ones with disposable income.

I have never read a book that kicks it off the way this did. This book will be a hit! I truly believe that. The 1st few pages and material will make it or break it for a lot of people. I do not want to see them give us too much, too soon. I like to read stories with an edge. If I wanted spandex and a cape I would read Marvel and DC. The one thing about Image and Valiant or just independents is they can push the envelope. After reading this issue I had to go back and read articles and reviews about this book because I was completely confused at times, not confused as in clueless, but confused in trying to put the pieces together….CBR had a great write-up on this take a read if you haven’t already.

” The world of "Bedlam" involves supervillain masks as societal metaphors.” http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=37200

Did some googling and here's the link -- BUT in my opinion there are some spoilers as to where the series is going. I started reading, then decided not to continue.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=37200

(Within reason, please use spoiler tags to discuss things here that are more than idle speculation -- thank you kindly.) :foryou: