• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

That looks 10/10.

Absolutely outstanding HR - I would be so proud to have that on my wall. (worship)

Hopefully more people will start reading the book! :wishluck:

The multitude of images of the cover of #1 has,in my VERY humble opinion, put readers off.

There are raw #1's everywhere not selling for less than cover.

Variants are also plummeting.

Too much too soon.

I guess the next 6-8 episodes will tell the tale.

I loved #1 - but #2 was pretty weak.

I have no idea if the stupidity of multiple covers for #2 will be repeated,but I cant see much of a market for #3 onwards if it happens. :cry:

I could be off on this, but I think there were a lot of sports card people who saw the success of Thief of Thieves and felt like this was a no-brainer and stocked up heavily on Bedlam thinking that it would be a quick flip.

To their chagrin and lack of patience they are flooding the market with no returns to speak of.

The bright side to this is that potential readers can pick up #1 for cover or less now after being left out in the cold the first time around.

Just my 2 cents.

I work in investments. It used to be that 10% a year was phenomenal. Now everyone wants to double their money overnight.

How long did it take Walking Dead to get over $100 for a raw #1? I'm honestly asking since I wasn't collecting back then.

That's a really good point, and don't forget WalkingDead #1 wasn't exactly a thrill fest in the action or writing department, time must be given for scene setting and character development. Bedlam #1 & #2 wins hands down so far in an issue by issue comparision, IMHO. Over the long haul Walking dead has proven to be an exciting and unpredictable read, lets hope the same for Bedlam and then all of us with these huge stack of books will be rewarded for our patience and commitment, it's time has not yet come and I'm waiting to flip... (at least a year)

I don't think it hit $100 until the TV show was announced.

It hit $100 far before the TV show was ever announced. Here's a fun thread from 2006:

The Walking Dead….Over

lol Oh to have a time machine to go back and be the only bidder on a #1 for $80. :cloud9:

Paging Dr. Emmitt Brown.

Edited by HugeRosen

I could be off on this, but I think there were a lot of sports card people who saw the success of Thief of Thieves and felt like this was a no-brainer and stocked up heavily on Bedlam thinking that it would be a quick flip.

To their chagrin and lack of patience they are flooding the market with no returns to speak of.

The bright side to this is that potential readers can pick up #1 for cover or less now after being left out in the cold the first time around.

Just my 2 cents.

You could be off on this... revisit in 4-6 months (then again, I could be off). The content of the book is quality.

Ryan

The bright side to this is that potential readers can pick up #1 for cover or less now after being left out in the cold the first time around, and hopefully these guys will give up and try another hobby

Just my 2 cents.

:wishluck:

The bright side to this is that potential readers can pick up #1 for cover or less now after being left out in the cold the first time around, and hopefully these guys will give up and try another hobby

Just my 2 cents.

:wishluck:

Exactly!...unless they are serious about reading the books

Edited by awakeintheashes

Just my 2 cents.

You could be off on this... revisit in 4-6 months (then again, I could be off). The content of the book is quality.

Ryan

I agree with you completely on the content. I was just saying that the crazy amount of Bedlam's on the Bay right now may be a result of these guys bailing, since it wasn't an immediate pay off like they had hoped and seen with Catwoman 13 and Batgirl 13

I think this book has great long-term potential. I just hope the writing team keep it going in a good direction. Issue #1 was awesome! One of the best #1 I have read in a while. In fact, I'll go ahead and say that it was my favorite #1 from 2012 (along with Think Tank). I liked it better than:

Revival #1

Peter Panzerfaust #1

Manhattan Projects #1

Thief of Thieves #1

Saga #1

Clone #1

Walking Dead #1??? Well, I dig me some WD, but you get the point.

We'll see what happens my friend! (thumbs u

I think this book has great long-term potential. I just hope the writing team keep it going in a good direction. Issue #1 was awesome! One of the best #1 I have read in a while. In fact, I'll go ahead and say that it was my favorite #1 from 2012 (along with Think Tank). I liked it better than:

Revival #1

Peter Panzerfaust #1

Manhattan Projects #1

Thief of Thieves #1

Saga #1

Clone #1

Walking Dead #1??? Well, I dig me some WD, but you get the point.

We'll see what happens my friend! (thumbs u

You and I have the same tastes, my friend. I'm in it for the haul as well.

Hopefully Think Tank will be a long haul to be around for.

Got 3 copies left. PM me if you two want to pick them up at cover + shipping. I didnt sell off to be profitable even though I made some money. I sold them off because the book didnt appeal to me. Could be the case for several of them on ebay currently and would be an alternative to speculation.

I think you are way off in comparing this book to WD. It doesnt have the same feel, the art is completely different and the storyline is much more complex. (The last part being a good thing.) I am having a hard time comparing this book to anything currently because of how Spencer is writing it. I can see why several of you like it as its not your traditional book by any means. I do hope it flourishes because I think Spencer is very talented. (Loved MG by him.) He might be the new Morrison.