• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

yes it's the really e.s. from image comics...my return address on my priority envelope was from image comics so i think we can put that speculation to rest.

too many variant covers is bad...there is simply no redeeming value whatsoever for multiple covers...it has the opposite effect and dilutes the product you're trying to promote causing frustration amongst collectors (mostly).

Edited by krighton

Hey my brothers... my recap/response of the last three pages (getting caught up this morning):

1. Andy: The first is someone Madder knows personally (wouldn't be surprised if it was brother, son, sister, or daughter) IMHO.

2. Variant saturation (once again) was a bad thing and very assumptive.

3. E.S. is a class act.

Good morning :hi:

Andy, I think it's too much of a coincidence in the use of the title Bedlam and the character, the First, as I'm sure you're aware bedlam was a popular name for 'the first' mental asylum - St. Mary's of Bethlehem in London.

With Nick Spencer being British he could be aware of this or researched it, so as you speculated before I think 'the First' was the first patient/serial killer to be treated by the doctor.. There is always a chance that he could be related to Filmore or Filmore could have been a disciple or acolyte of 'the First' before his conversion - thoughts?

:applause:

Andy, I think it's too much of a coincidence in the use of the title Bedlam and the character, the First, as I'm sure you're aware bedlam was a popular name for 'the first' mental asylum - St. Mary's of Bethlehem in London.

With Nick Spencer being British he could be aware of this or researched it, so as you speculated before I think 'the First' was the first patient/serial killer to be treated by the doctor.. There is always a chance that he could be related to Filmore or Filmore could have been a disciple or acolyte of 'the First' before his conversion - thoughts?

Awesome post! Thanks for sharing (thumbs u

Awesome post! Thanks for sharing (thumbs u

hm - I like where MM is going with this... (thumbs u

I will make sure to ask Nick Spencer when I hopefully meet him at the end of the month (thumbs u

Matt are you going to LSCC?

Oh can anyone tell me where E.S posted, I can't find it but to be honest I haven't been looking very hard :shy:

E. S. posted in the Nowhere Men thread.

It's easiest to go up to USER LIST and look for him since his username is on the 1st page for letter e. Then search his posts. The Nowhere Men thread is long and his posts are scattered throughout.

E. S. posted in the Nowhere Men thread.

It's easiest to go up to USER LIST and look for him since his username is on the 1st page for letter e. Then search his posts. The Nowhere Men thread is long and his posts are scattered throughout.

Thanks, I've never read Nowhere man or the thread (thumbs u

I will make sure to ask Nick Spencer when I hopefully meet him at the end of the month (thumbs u

Matt are you going to LSCC?

Oh can anyone tell me where E.S posted, I can't find it but to be honest I haven't been looking very hard :shy:

It'd be cool to ask him, but whether he'd say, I'm not sure, might be too early in the story arc

I was hoping to go but no one to help out at home while I'd be away :(