• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

I know Frazer Irving gets his share of flak in this thread for his covers (I can certainly see why given Rossmo's stuff), but I'll post this up anyway. Frazer did this during Thought Bubble for me, it's an extremely quick sketch but I figured I'll post it here since all we see from Frazer are his digitally created covers.

irving_bedlam_commission_2012.jpg

I love Bedlam. I hate Irving. It reminds me of the 90s when quality went strait to hell. 'Like you could do better.' I undoubtedly, without question, could do better. I don't mind lesser art, I don't like bad art... Especially bad cover art. There are too many talented people out there. I'm done. Sorry for the rant.

I don't think he's untalented, but I don't think his style or vision for the book translate well at all. His covers also have a very synthetic, digital quality to them which isn't as good a match as Riley's more organic, rough style.

They should do a "cat variant"! I would buy it in a second! (thumbs u

Hahaha.... WOW what a great idea!

With all proceeds going to an Animal Rescue Group.

* cue that Sarah Mclauglin song.

..I think I am going to read that book again today. Those cats were getting hammered.