• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

I also think that the drab gray/pink color scheme on each cover hurts. Nothing that makes the cover "pop", and since they all blend together, it can be hard to tell them apart unless you are paying attention. Very easy to forget which drab cover is issue 2, and which drab cover is issue 3, etc.

plasticmoz - Thanks! Yes, he did this at the con.

I agree with you on this. It is hard to tell the first prints apart when looking at shelves filled with comics. I can see how someone could just overlook #3 thinking that it was #2.

I know because it happened to me when I was in a semi-rush during my Wednesday lunch run.

Maybe this series will be one of those exceptions where the 2nd prints become more desirable than the first prints on the secondary market. They have tiny print runs and MUCH better covers by the interior artist/co-creator of Madder.

For those that haven't seen the cover to five.... (thumbs u

8531612032_099699419e.jpg

That cover is sweet! (thumbs u I like it better than that baby variant

But... But..

Andy said it was ALMOST the same as the Phantom #1 cover.

He's an expert.

But... But..

He's an expert.

You are really good at (a) pimping your books, and (b) insulting board members that would otherwise potentially be your customers. Do you have anything else to contribute?

But... But..

He's an expert.

You are really good at (a) pimping your books, and (b) insulting board members that would otherwise potentially be your customers. Do you have anything else to contribute?

apparently, nothing else...

The one thing I keep in the back of my head is them ending this series. I want this book to go on for as long as I have money to spend on it. I mean come on, we have a zombie book with a 100+ issues. By no means am I knocking that, but it would be nice to see some long term books out there. If I am not mistaken, the longest running series is Spawn, followed by Walking Dead and Invincible? Am I missing something?

Savage Dragon is still going at #188 although I don't know too many people who read it. There's another Image book, Elephant Men that's on #47.