• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

i tried Ryan. Just doesnt do it for me. i know that Adlard gets slammed for making characters all look the same, but Riley takes it to another level. Acevedo and Filmore look like brother and sister. most all of the humans have the same facial structuring.

meh

i tried Ryan. Just doesnt do it for me. i know that Adlard gets slammed for making characters all look the same, but Riley takes it to another level. Acevedo and Filmore look like brother and sister. most all of the humans have the same facial structuring.

meh

Doug is not impressed

WOW. :o Loved issue 6!!

Only concern is what they do after this as far as the end of this arch (last page) - hopefully we see something "different" soon -- different villain and this doesn't become a one trick pony sort of thing. :angel: Like every arch is a different angel. I hope there are other killers/villains other than the alter boys turned bad. And is the priest going to be a sort of mentor figure to Fillmore distinct from the Doctor. Maybe one is a "good" influence and one a "bad" influence to keep Fillmore tight rope walking the thin line between good and evil? (shrug)

Really like this book but was disappointed in the ending of #6.

It just felt a bit forced like it had been written as a mini and they needed to change the end of #6 in order to make it an ongoing. It wasn't a great cliffhanger. All it said to me was "let's do more of the same for the next arc... and the one after that etc" rather than being a good "twist".

Also, yes, Riley's characters all look the same. Dudes in Bedlam look like the guy from Green Wake.

Nick Spencer's Twitter thoughts on ending of #6:

@nickspencer: I gotta say, I think a key detail about the end of BEDLAM 06 is getting really, really overlooked by the review corps. And it's right there.

@nickspencer: Don't get me wrong, the reviews are almost all been very kind, and I'm glad for that. But... that assessment of the ending isn't the ending.

@nickspencer: Next to last page, 4th panel, 1st caption. There ya go. Big deal there.

Nick Spencer's Twitter thoughts on ending of #6:

@nickspencer: I gotta say, I think a key detail about the end of BEDLAM 06 is getting really, really overlooked by the review corps. And it's right there.

@nickspencer: Don't get me wrong, the reviews are almost all been very kind, and I'm glad for that. But... that assessment of the ending isn't the ending.

@nickspencer: Next to last page, 4th panel, 1st caption. There ya go. Big deal there.

just looked. Still (shrug)