• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

What's the phantom for #6 look like (since we're talking about phantoms and ghosts and such)?

Isn't this it?

bedlam6-phantom.jpg

Yup.. Saw it at a LCS I go to about once a month. $15. I passed. I was excited to find a LCS that has them locally. Thought I could get them for cover. Didn't happen.

Edited by Awax

Twenty retailers across the globe gave premium shelf space & hand sold the new series in an aggressive attempt to build readership.

The Phantom group sticks around for a story arc helping creators stabilize print runs.

Nice spin - if the Phantom variants were truly an "aggressive" tool to attempt to build readership, they'd be priced at cover. I think you're confusing your variants with the Image First books :thumbsup:

Larry had all the Phantoms available at cover in his shop when I was there last week.

Twenty retailers across the globe gave premium shelf space & hand sold the new series in an aggressive attempt to build readership.

The Phantom group sticks around for a story arc helping creators stabilize print runs.

Nice spin - if the Phantom variants were truly an "aggressive" tool to attempt to build readership, they'd be priced at cover. I think you're confusing your variants with the Image First books :thumbsup:

Larry had all the Phantoms available at cover in his shop when I was there last week.

he always sells them for cover in his store, the higher price is online sales where he sells at market price. Pretty good way to get foot traffic in the store. I would do the same thing if i was him.

If he sold them at cover online, flippers would just buy the entire run and immediately resell them on ebay

he always sells them for cover in his store, the higher price is online sales where he sells at market price. Pretty good way to get foot traffic in the store. I would do the same thing if i was him.

If he sold them at cover online, flippers would just buy the entire run and immediately resell them on ebay

Agree 100%

Phantoms "ARE" priced at cover "IN" store.

You get a bonus for visiting a brick & mortar retailer.

Get it?

I'm not a fan of the Phantom variants but Graham Cracker always has them at cover (shrug)

GC has had a lot of Phantom variants at $6.99, some at $9.99 and and some at $14.99 - don't think I've ever seen them at cover at the store :shrug:

I have zero issues with the Phantom variants - nor any variants in general - I just thought it was hilarious that Larry was trying to pretend that the main reason for the Phantom variant program is to "build readership" & "stabilize print runs".

Image publishing $1 Image First reprints of sold-out issues is how you build readership.

Releasing a $10 variant of Fantastic Four, vol. 4 #1 is how you generate revenue for stores participating in your variant program.

"main reason for the Phantom variant program is to "build readership" & "stabilize print runs"

Those are some of the benefits Publishers & creators get out of the program.

Retailers get a unique product that is a draw for their brick & mortar shops & an online cash generator.

Fans get a unique item that has a much lower print run that their counterparts.

I'm not a fan of the Phantom variants but Graham Cracker always has them at cover (shrug)

GC has had a lot of Phantom variants at $6.99, some at $9.99 and and some at $14.99 - don't think I've ever seen them at cover at the store :shrug:

I have zero issues with the Phantom variants - nor any variants in general - I just thought it was hilarious that Larry was trying to pretend that the main reason for the Phantom variant program is to "build readership" & "stabilize print runs".

Image publishing $1 Image First reprints of sold-out issues is how you build readership.

Releasing a $10 variant of Fantastic Four, vol. 4 #1 is how you generate revenue for stores participating in your variant program.

"main reason for the Phantom variant program is to "build readership" & "stabilize print runs"

Retailers get a unique product that is a draw for their brick & mortar shops & an online cash generator.

how much is it to join the phantom variant program?

how much is it to join the phantom variant program?

Free to brick & mortar retailers.

I just signed up 8 more shops...

The website will be updated this week

Edited by LarrysComics