• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

Not only is it incomprehensible, but I also find all of the main characters unlikeable...so, at the end of the day, I really don't care what that nasty school is doing to them, etc. So...what's the point?

I just hope and pray that Nick actually has some idea of where Bedlam is going...as MG really doesn't feel like there's any plan in place...and he wrote himself off the tracks a long time ago.

To each their own, but I really don't get how anyone can be reading the book at this point and possibly think I'm just making it up as I go along. This always just sounds like people who dropped the book really early because it demanded too much attention-- which in and of itself is kinda depressing.

And I think Casey, Hunter, Jade, etc. are pretty sweet kids, but then, I write them for a living :)

Hi Nick,

I've read every MG Issue..

The truth is I get really confused, and sometimes the different people blend together. I was about to stop reading, but that last issue was good and I'm going to at least finish the first 25. Hoping I have a "0h, now I get it moment". :wishluck:

Not only is it incomprehensible, but I also find all of the main characters unlikeable...so, at the end of the day, I really don't care what that nasty school is doing to them, etc. So...what's the point?

I just hope and pray that Nick actually has some idea of where Bedlam is going...as MG really doesn't feel like there's any plan in place...and he wrote himself off the tracks a long time ago.

To each their own, but I really don't get how anyone can be reading the book at this point and possibly think I'm just making it up as I go along. This always just sounds like people who dropped the book really early because it demanded too much attention-- which in and of itself is kinda depressing.

And I think Casey, Hunter, Jade, etc. are pretty sweet kids, but then, I write them for a living :)

Very classy reply. I love that creators come here and represent their work. Free speech, and people have the right to express their points of view, and they should. Criticism is and always will be a part of any creative endeavor.

But, its awesome to have creators speak their mind in a respectful way, and I have no doubt that you have picked up several new readers of the book, simply by replying and doing so in a positive way.

I have several of your books on my pull list and enjoy them all. Morning Glories isnt one of them, but I might have to check it out and see what I think.

Worse than I expected. Sweet baby Jesus, I beg you to bring back Tony Moore.

Im sure a lot of people felt the same way when Tony Moore was replaced by Charlie Adlard

FTFY

Better than I expected. Still prefer Rossmo by a wide margin.

Im sure a lot of people felt the same way when Tony Moore was replaced by Charlie Adlard

:applause:

True...but has that really changed? Are there suddenly lots of WD fans that actually prefer CA over TM?

Better than I expected. Still prefer Rossmo by a wide margin.

:applause:

True...but has that really changed? Are there suddenly lots of WD fans that actually prefer CA over TM?

i KNOW im in the minority (shoot me (please? lol)), but i do prefer CA.

Tony was great at drawing the zombies, but his style on the human panels doesnt cut it for me. The cover of the first TPB is forever "blah" for me.

Also, if TM was still drawing TWD, issue 38 might be out this week

Hi Nick,

I've read every MG Issue..

The truth is I get really confused, and sometimes the different people blend together. I was about to stop reading, but that last issue was good and I'm going to at least finish the first 25. Hoping I have a "0h, now I get it moment". :wishluck:

Nick Spencer posted this in the Morning Glories thread but since we're talking about MG here as well, I thought these links might be helpful for people currently reading or thinking of reading MG.

For people feeling confused/lost, Multiversity does a really fantastic column called Study Hall, that annotates and theorizes on each issue (and Joe & I do podcast recaps with them at the end of each arc):

http://multiversitycomics.com/tag/mga-study-hall/

I also do a recap interview series over at CBR:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/tag/morning+glory+days

The Morning Glories tumblr tag always has a lot of cool stuff, too:

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/morning+glories

As does its companion, MG Spoilers:

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/mg%20spoilers

The night of each issue's release, we do a fan-organized tinychat, too, at 8:13 EST:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me27j5csUa1qelfc3o1_400.png

So, yeah, help is out there :) The book is designed to be a challenging read that demands your attention, but the people who get into it seem to really enjoy it.

Morning Glories has a lot going on, and is kind of like an unfolding origami- but it all makes more and more sense with each reveal. I am in it 'til the end, but reading it monthly is not ideal- better as a trade.

I switched to trades for that reason. Monthly gave me a headache trying to figure it all out.