• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daily Grade: Incredible Hulk #180

20 posts in this topic

Is that dirt on the cover above the second "i" in Incredible?

If so 9.2.

If it's just a tape stain on the bag, then get that 9.4/9.6 beauty slabbed and put it on eBay and make some money! thumbsup2.gif

If so 9.2.

If it's just a tape stain on the bag, then get that 9.4/9.6 beauty slabbed and put it on eBay and make some money! thumbsup2.gif

Yes, that's dirt, but I don't think it bothered the boys at CGC 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If so 9.2.

Yes, that's dirt, but I don't think it bothered the boys at CGC 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think it's printing dirt. They need to clean the machines!

My only question as to whether it would get a 9.4 is the upper right corner seems to have the smallest of corner creases... 9.2 at least.. the spine is beautiful!

Please post a picture of the back cover when you get a chance.

My only question as to whether it would get a 9.4 is the upper right corner seems to have the smallest of corner creases... 9.2 at least.. the spine is beautiful!

That corner crease would not preclude the book from 9.4, and that little black ink smear is inconsequential unless it's actually a bit of dirt on the cover, and not just ink.

I say 9.4 with a shot at 9.6 if the back cover is as nice as the front!

that's a beauty with the only issues being that tiny corner crease on the URC and the dirt schmere over the letter I. i'd say 9.4 but your comment about the boys at CGC not having been affected by the dirt sounds like you already submitted it and it got a 9.6?? devil.gif

If so 9.2.

I think it's printing dirt. They need to clean the machines!

On closer inspection of the scan (and if I recollect, correctly), it appears to be printer's ink, not dirt.

Well gents,

I sold this book raw a couple of years ago and paid the price, here's what the buyer eventually wrote to me:

"Hey David. Yeah it's been a while. Marriage has been keeping me busy! smile.gif

I decided to send off the Hulk 180 and get it CGC'ed. Came back 9.4 NM with

WHITE pages!

Sweet copy. I needed the money, so regrettably I had to sell it last week.

Buyer paid $800 smackers!

Honestly I didn't knowingly "hoodwink" you. I though(t) I was paying too much

at the time, but decided to take a chance. It worked out.

Well, the comic found it's place in another Hulk collector's collection. I

found another copy which isn't as nice, but will do fine for me.

Anyway, take care.

I sold it to him for $125 (the then OS Book NM price) foreheadslap.gifsorry.gif

That corner crease would not preclude the book from 9.4, and that little black ink smear is inconsequential unless it's actually a bit of dirt on the cover, and not just ink.

I say 9.4 with a shot at 9.6 if the back cover is as nice as the front!

Technically, accotrding to the OGG pg. 165, a NM book is allowed to have a corner crease less than 1/16" (check) that doesn't break color (bingo!). I see a little color break.

I still think the book has a shot at a 9.4. Ok, I'll stop my FFB impression now. angel.gif

As I requested in the other thread, anyone willing to point out all of the defects? My novice grader eyes thought it'd fall in the 9.2 or 9.4 category, so perhaps I did something wrong...

James,

UCLApete set forth a solid analysis of the front cover two posts above this one (in flat mode). 893applaud-thumb.gif As noted by Pete, this book has 2 very minor defects - it's a beauty. thumbsup2.gif There's nothing else to say. CGC gave it a 9.4 White. Having held it in hand, I gave it a 9.6. wink.gif FFB and Pete were probably correct that the tiny ink smudge kept it from a 9.6. acclaim.gif

p.s. petey - what corner crease!?! hi.gif that imperfection is less than a nanometer - you wouldn't even see it in real life. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifThat's the problem with over-sized scans. makepoint.gif