• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

Why would Wolverine now have gray hair, when he apparently was born in colonial times(from the beginning of X-Men Origins: Wolverine), lived through the Civil War, WW1, WW2, Vietnam, up to present without aging at all. It would seem that to age as he has in that picture, he would need to live another couple of hundred years, not just another 20 years in the future.

Why would Wolverine now have gray hair, when he apparently was born in colonial times(from the beginning of X-Men Origins: Wolverine), lived through the Civil War, WW1, WW2, Vietnam, up to present without aging at all. It would seem that to age as he has in that picture, he would need to live another couple of hundred years, not just another 20 years in the future.

He's using that "Just a Touch of Grey" Just for Men coloring.

As a nod to the original story I presume. By this point his seeming immortality hadn't been written, so I suppose I agree that Singer choosing to use that element from X-Men 141 and 142 seems odd.

xmen%20141.jpg

As a nod to the original story I presume. By this point his seeming immortality hadn't been written, so I suppose I agree that Singer choosing to use that element from X-Men 141 and 142 seems odd.

xmen%20141.jpg

Perhaps in those 200 years that came before Wolverine's aging was unaffected by a foreign substance introduced into his body that his healing factor may have been forced to work extreme overtime to strengthen his muscles to handle the extra weight and might even be overloaded and rejecting that substance and constantly trying to "heal" him.

In most of those 200 years there was no Adamantium.....post Adamantium we don't know if Singer is showing that he's actually aging because of the strain of a substance his body never had to deal with before that is now there permanently.

xmen%20141.jpg

Perhaps in those 200 years that came before Wolverine's aging was unaffected by a foreign substance introduced into his body that his healing factor may have been forced to work extreme overtime to strengthen his muscles to handle the extra weight and might even be overloaded and rejecting that substance and constantly trying to "heal" him.

In most of those 200 years there was no Adamantium.....post Adamantium we don't know if Singer is showing that he's actually aging because of the strain of a substance his body never had to deal with before that is now there permanently.

I don't know. Those early flashback clips had him taking at least 2 cannonballs to the chest, surviving a firing squad and who knows what else. I can't imagine there would be much more stress to the system than a 12 pound ball of metal hitting you in the chest at a rate of probably at least 1500 ft per second. If you could recover from that, what's a little metal attached to your bones?

I don't know. Those early flashback clips had him taking at least 2 cannonballs to the chest, surviving a firing squad and who knows what else. I can't imagine there would be much more stress to the system than a 12 pound ball of metal hitting you in the chest at a rate of probably at least 1500 ft per second. If you could recover from that, what's a little metal attached to your bones?

Geeks.

Geeks.

lol

Geeks.

are you the pot or the kettle?

Geeks.

Dork

xmen%20141.jpg

Cannon Ball once vs 100 lbs of alien metal grafted to every bone in your body, in an excruciating procedure that almost killed you, that then forced an unending, constant immune-response reaction every moment of every day whether you are awake or asleep for 30 years plus.

I can see how a Cannon ball would be worse.

Geeks.

Both

Is that Cyclops on the clapboard? And has he been announced for the movie yet?

Great eyes!

:applause:

jHs59Kc.png

And it looks like others have caught on too.

'X-Men: Days Of Future Past' Photo May Tease Cyclops' Return

Wasn't that just a version of the original 2001 movie graphic?

X-Men_dofp_originalmovie.jpg

Correct, Chris! Which is what is mentioned in the MTV article I linked to.

But since there were ten characters in the original poster, and seven with the clap board, this is what caused the rumor there was a secret Cyclops appearance.

Marsden confirmed he is not in the movie.

Correct, Chris! Which is what is mentioned in the MTV article I linked to.

But since there were ten characters in the original poster, and seven with the clap board, this is what caused the rumor there was a secret Cyclops appearance.

Marsden confirmed he is not in the movie.

I don't read articles. :sorry:

Looks like they just removed the 2nd tier villains, Toad, and Sabretooth, and the ones they killed twice, Jean.

It would make sense to see Cyclops though. They only killed him once and he popped up in the Wolvie movie and in X-men First Class in the first montage of found mutants when Xavier first tried Cerebro.