• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

I also believe if X-men or other such real-life superheroes were around in real life that most would want to express themselves in other outrageous colorful outfits other than black

If this were a time period where outrageous colors were "in" I guess that might be true...like if it were the 80's or 90's.

Look at all those Cosplay people. You see them expressing themselves in all sorts of costumes.

Aren't they just creating costumes of characters that already exist in comics or video games? They aren't choosing wild- colors because they like them, they choose them because they are accurate to the character.

Rockstars dress like m orons and over the top flamboyant attire, so would we.

Bryan Singer lacks vision and imagination.

Rock stars dress that way because they have money and access to anything they want at any time they want. Not all Superheroes have an AmEx Black Card. lol

Black clothing is cheap and everywhere.

Also, if I were being hunted for being different (like mutants being hunted by mutant-killing Sentinel robots) the last thing I would do is attempt to stand out be choosing the wildest color possible. lol

Aren't comic books around to think and skew away from the realm of real-life? (shrug)

Superman, Batman, and Spider-man costumes have maintained their comic book look generally speaking.

Dude if I was Magneto I would dress 100% the same way he did.

Dressing over the top and wanting man-kind to suffer. :cloud9:

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

I also believe if X-men or other such real-life superheroes were around in real life that most would want to express themselves in other outrageous colorful outfits other than black

If this were a time period where outrageous colors were "in" I guess that might be true...like if it were the 80's or 90's.

Look at all those Cosplay people. You see them expressing themselves in all sorts of costumes.

Aren't they just creating costumes of characters that already exist in comics or video games? They aren't choosing wild- colors because they like them, they choose them because they are accurate to the character.

Rock stars dress that way because they have money and access to anything they want at any time they want. Not all Superheroes have an AmEx Black Card. lol

Also, if I were being hunted for being different (like mutants being hunted by mutant-killing Sentinel robots) the last thing I would do is attempt to stand out be choosing the wildest color possible. lol

Aren't comic books around to think and skew away from the realm of real-life? (shrug)

Superman, Batman, and Spider-man costumes have maintained their comic book look generally speaking.

Dude if I was Magneto I would dress 100% the same way he did.

Dressing over the top and wanting man-kind to suffer. :cloud9:

So are you saying Magnetos purple outfit with cape and helmet isnt good enough?

Love Mystique & Magneto covers :grin:

Holy is Wolverine that ripped? :o:luhv:

I also love Wolverine's costume.

Blink looks pretty cool :)

Not a fan of Quicksilver cover :P

I approve of this message. :o

Quicksilver needs a quick flush.

If I had Superman's powers I would be dressing in similar attire that would be over the top.

If I had super powers, why on Earth would I suddenly develop the desire to dress differently, let alone dress in colourful spandex? (shrug)

I would be fighting crime in my jeans and T shirt with maybe a warm jacket in the colder weather.

If I had Superman's powers I would be dressing in similar attire that would be over the top.

If I had super powers, why on Earth would I suddenly develop the desire to dress differently, let alone dress in colourful spandex? (shrug)

I would be fighting crime in my jeans and T shirt with maybe a warm jacket in the colder weather.

If he wants to be flamboyant in his gaudy spandex then let him.

I only mentioned "real life" because that's how you framed your original post. Comic book logic would dictate that at least half the team wear only primary colors. So, it's ok to not follow comic coloring to the letter. lol