• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men:Days of Future Past movie confirmed
1 1

2,131 posts in this topic

Please don't get my thread pulled :sumo:

For saying Disney should have used Pixar to deliver the early Marvel movies?

:eek:

Lordie, please don't let such insults bring down the Disney lawyers to raid this place. I swear, I own plenty of Marvel movies on DVD and Blu-Ray. Promise!

Heck...I would just like to see the few animated Marvel movies done even half as well as most of the animated DC movies.

That is a bunch of H'wood speak and BS. How do you know your audience won't like fillet if all they've been fed is shank? The majority of the audience doesn't know any better when it comes to these characters. So giving Spider-Man organic web shooters is going to grab more of the audience how?

It is, of course, a shell game.

Where Buckley fails is that he starts with the premise that "no one will see the movie if it's faithful to the source material."

Which, SELF-EVIDENTLY, is patently false. Buckley himself said it: "these people have never heard of Rocket Raccoon or Groot before 6 months ago"...so why would it hurt them to stay true to the source?

Answer: arrogance. For whatever reason, they don't think the audience will "relate" if the source material is preserved, and they think THEY know better...and, sadly, the box office encourages this.

There ARE successful films that closely follow the source material...Harry Potter proved this. The excuse that "no one will come see faithful material" is just an excuse.

Studios are filled with stupid people who make stupid decisions because they have no respect for anything but money.

And it will only be until these films fail to turn a profit that anything will change.

Not necessarily DOFP related, but...Lauren Shuler Donner Confirms That Channing Tatum Will Play GAMBIT

When Channing Tatum first expressed interest in playing Gambit, it wasn't really regarded as much more than an actor simply mentioning a character they would like to play and that being the end of it. Well, when X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner got wind of those remarks, she too said that he would be a good choice to play the character, and based on the interview below, it sounds like the deal is done!

That is a bunch of H'wood speak and BS. How do you know your audience won't like fillet if all they've been fed is shank? The majority of the audience doesn't know any better when it comes to these characters. So giving Spider-Man organic web shooters is going to grab more of the audience how?

It is, of course, a shell game.

Where Buckley fails is that he starts with the premise that "no one will see the movie if it's faithful to the source material."

Which, SELF-EVIDENTLY, is patently false. Buckley himself said it: "these people have never heard of Rocket Raccoon or Groot before 6 months ago"...so why would it hurt them to stay true to the source?

Answer: arrogance. For whatever reason, they don't think the audience will "relate" if the source material is preserved, and they think THEY know better...and, sadly, the box office encourages this.

There ARE successful films that closely follow the source material...Harry Potter proved this. The excuse that "no one will come see faithful material" is just an excuse.

Studios are filled with stupid people who make stupid decisions because they have no respect for anything but money.

And it will only be until these films fail to turn a profit that anything will change.

I agree 100% The thing that saddens me most, are the people who're supposed to care about these characters eating it all up with a spoon and saying " thank you sir, may I have another". And then jumping through hoops to justify the changes...when it's as simple as you've laid out, arrogance.

I thought I post this video since it's something that everyone here should watch :insane:

I agree with everything this guy said lol

Flame shield on :fear:

I agree with you.

The studios look at the big picture, and that big picture is money.

It`s about money. They are not going to spend billions on these films collectively to appease 10,000 to 30,000 comic book fans. :o

They want millions of new fans to get onboard with these characters, so they can market them for toys and video games.

A fact is more people have watched this

Watchmen_film_poster.jpg

then read this

DC89234lg.jpg

or for a better contemporary feel more people have watched this

TheWalkingDeadPoster.jpg

then read this

9781607060765_500X500.jpg

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I thought I post this video since it's something that everyone here should watch :insane:

I agree with you.

It`s about money. They are not going to spend billions on these films collectively to appease 10,000 to 30,000 comic book fans. :o

They want millions of new fans to get onboard with these characters, so they can market them for toys and video games.

Watchmen_film_poster.jpg

then read this

DC89234lg.jpg

TheWalkingDeadPoster.jpg

then read this

So what you're saying is that sometimes people take an idea or concept or story that was originally written for the intent of making money, and modify/expand that idea to in attempt to make more money by increasing its perceived marketability and appeal to a larger market in a different medium?

You'd think people would get that, seriously.

I agree with you.

Watchmen_film_poster.jpg

then read this

DC89234lg.jpg

TheWalkingDeadPoster.jpg

then read this

So what you're saying is that sometimes people take an idea or concept or story that was originally written for the intent of making money, and modify/expand that idea to in attempt to make more money by increasing its perceived marketability and appeal to a larger market in a different medium?

You'd think people would get that, seriously.

No one is disputing the fact that H'wood is about making money, It's silly to assume otherwise.

Now I understand why people get upset when an original concept is changed to a degree that they don't like - I still refuse to watch the Jonah Hex movie even though I have the DVD and I'm assuming that the Constantine and iZombie TV shows are going to be terrible - but I don't understand the apparent constant need to complain about something you don't like.

Just do what I do and go back to the original material that you loved and forget about the new versions.

:gossip: And yes I do know the above film bares virtually no resemblance to the original book but it is a zillion times better than the Spielberg version.

First review is in WITH SPOILERS - gives the movie 8/10

Easily, the new character that stands out and will win audiences over is Evan Peters as Quicksilver, a brash lightning-fast upstart the team calls upon to help Magneto escape from his jail miles below The Pentagon. Peters brings just the right amount of humor to his scenes, particularly one that is easily one of the movie's best moments.

First review is in WITH SPOILERS - gives the movie 8/10

Easily, the new character that stands out and will win audiences over is Evan Peters as Quicksilver, a brash lightning-fast upstart the team calls upon to help Magneto escape from his jail miles below The Pentagon. Peters brings just the right amount of humor to his scenes, particularly one that is easily one of the movie's best moments.

Thank goodness for the humor :)

Pietro always was such a jovial, light-hearted guy in the comics, wasn't he?

:whistle:

-slym

The movie got it right, lets just leave it at that.