• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Omega the Unknown..... Opinions

9 posts in this topic

After reading the first three issues (which I never knew I had until recently :insane: ) I am not impressed.

Does anyone really like the series? According to wikipedia it is a cult classic, but I'm thinking one would have to belong to a cult to actually like it.

128767.jpg.e1b5dd884b37f9d8cd597d072dd94699.jpg

Funny. You made me laugh

Steve Gerber's writing could get pretty weird at times. You need to read all ten issues to appreciate this title. Unfortunately, Gerber was just hitting his stride and everything starting to get interesting when the series was cancelled

Did I love it? Yes.It had so much promise but never quite lived up to the potential.This was at a time Marvel was throwing everything out there and see what would stick.Too bad Omega and Skull the Slayer didn't stick.

Good Times

And what was the reboot mini series from a few years back about? I read it but couldn't quite get into it.

Did I love it? Yes.It had so much promise but never quite lived up to the potential.This was at a time Marvel was throwing everything out there and see what would stick.Too bad Omega and Skull the Slayer didn't stick.

Good Times

And what was the reboot mini series from a few years back about? I read it but couldn't quite get into it.

I really do think that Gerber had "a plan" on this title. Because by the last couple of issues it was starting to get interesting. But he just took too long and the title obviously sold poorly. Probably because the first 7-8 issues made no sense.

Add Shanna the She-Devil to your list there. A great Steranko cover on issue 1. But the title stuggled to find an audience. They started hinting she might be a mutant but it was too late and it was cancelled.

James Michael!

Yeah, the problem with this title, mica, is even if you kept reading until the end of the series, you still have to buy an issue of another title - Defenders, maybe? Probably, as Gerber was writing that title at that time - to get the story's conclusion, and the conclusion isn't really worth it