• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel movie character rights talk

28 posts in this topic

I like the idea of Bradley Cooper as Daredevil. I was hoping he'd get the Green Lantern role, but in retrospect, I'm happy that didn't happen.

Honestly, as soon as Jameson Parker got too old to play Matt Murdock, anyone playing DD would just be second string...

I much rather prefer relative unknowns to play super heroes. The exception being characters like Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne because they are quite popular personas in their own universes that it allows a higher profile actor like Robert Downey Jr and Christian Bale to play those characters without affecting one's suspension of disbelief.

I always laugh at the 80s and 90s castings of most movies where they have guys like Arnold Schwarzenegger, JCVD, and Steven Segal play an every day man having his world turned upside down. If you look Bruce Willis breaking through in Die Hard it was easy to believe the character going through extenuating circumstances that he wouldn't normally go through and rising to the occasion.

In terms of Marvel's casting for roles I think they are spot on and have no complaints. Some people didn't like Chris Evans because he also played Johnny Storm but I think Evans proved that he could be a great Steve Rogers even though his Johnny Storm was decent (IMO).

Out of the non-marvel produced movies the 2 best castings (IMO) were J Jonah Jamison and Patrick Stewart as Professor X.

My two worst: Topher Grace as Eddie Brock and Nicolas cage as Johnny Blaze (although the actor was the problem as both movies were complete suckfests; i just think Nick Cage plays the same character in every movie...himself).

I agree, I really enjoyed Fassbender as a younger Magneto; he captures the character quite well. The scene with the Nazis in South America was one of the highlight of the film. And Jackman as Wolverine is pretty good; a lot of people hate on him because he isn't short (at least that is the louder arguments I come across).