• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping comics via media mail

26 posts in this topic

Now however, I've been offering my customers stamps.com insurance where the issue gets resolved within 7 days and either I can send the money back to thebuyer or have an answer as to why I can't reimburse based on their claim.

Very good info, Darth! I was wondering how others have circumvented this insurance claim hell! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Use media mail almost everytime I ship and our Post Master knows the books are comics and has no problems. I think the "advertisment" clause is geared more towards people trying mass mailing. You really can't beat the price with media mail even if delivery times are longer. If possible, try a post office in the next town over or even better, a post office that's so busy they won't give a 893censored-thumb.gif what your shipping.

Never had a media mail package of mine inspected that I know of.

CRC

I think that the PO is cracking down on Media Mail because people are using it to ship things that are not media in any form. They are using media mail to ship car parts, food, furniture, and anything else but comics, books, and old mags..

Definition, especially #1 in the second group.

To make public announcement of, especially to proclaim the qualities or advantages of (a product or business) so as to increase sales .

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=advertising

Are they still selling 200 army figures, sea monkeys, or Atlas workout guides for 5o cents?

Maybe they have a valid point for car parts, food, or clothing but I always thought the point of meida mail was to increase culture awareness/literacy/Knowledge unlike the Local Realtor/pizza Joint sending me junk mail trying to sell my home/me pizza. Considering the level of literacy in some parts of this country the low cost flow of Comic books should not be discouraged unless the post office is being run by the likes of Dr. Wertham or his philisophical heirs, I feel Comics qualify under the spirit of the media mail class except for something like Previews, which obvously is soliciting for future books, but which Ironically is allowed under the rules.

http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendmail/senditwithintheus/mediamail.htm

Heck with a scanner, Comic books do qualify as computer readable media

893naughty-thumb.gif

I recently had a media mail package inspected on route. They opened the box, scrambled everything around, decided it was ok, randomly threw the stufff back in there, sealed it up, and sent it on.

It's a wonder everything was not trashed.

Media mail shipments are at the risk of my buyers from now on. I am using a higher cost service with forwarding services and no inspections.

Remember, the USPS can destroy BPM packages at will.