• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NSNart present a Sketch Opp with DEAN ORMSTON ! !

20 posts in this topic

Hello, Sketchies!

CGC has allowed me the honor of being able to offer my third SIGNATURE SERIES SKETCH OPPORTUNITY.

After working with DEAN ORMSTON for over 5 years he has finally agreed to do a Sketch Opp. I'd like to not ethat in all of the time I have known Dean I have seen him do a total of 2 commissions. He just doesn't have the time for them. And, quite honestly he doesn't like taking them on. So, this is a rare chance to get Dean to draw something YOU WANT ! !

Some of Mr. Ormston's credits include:

SANDMAN

LUCIFER

SWAMP THING

TESTAMENT

UNWRITTEN

NORTHLANDERS

BOOKS OF MAGICK Life During Wartime

THE CRUSADES

FLINCH

THE GIRL WHO WOULD BE DEATH

HEAVY METAL

HOUSE OF SECRETS

THE INVISIBLES

JUDGE DREDD

SUPERMAN

SPIDER-MAN

I am sure I missed a few, but the point is the man does some of the cutest girls and creepiest monsters in the business. Visit Comic ArtFans for examples of his work.

Prices for the SKETCH OPP are as follows:

b/w inked Head Sketch: $125

b/w inked BUST: $150

b/w inked FULL BODY: $200 ($40 for each additional character)

COLOR: May be requested, but Dean will have to determine if he will use color or not when he has the books in hand. No additional charge will be made, and no guarantee your comic will be colored.

Prices include GRADING, SHIPPING(to and from the UK!) and INSURANCE within the U.S.

Post the :takeit: here or via PM

Blanks will be provided by you.

Payments accepted (in order of preference): Check, MO or Paypal.

PM for PAYPAL info

*the [font:Arial Black]FINE[/font] print*

For this SKETCH OPP I will be using a strict timeline: ALL BOOKS/PAYMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED by 15 OCTOBER.(This should give everyone enough time to get in on the Opp that wants to). Books will be mailed to Mr. Ormston on 20 October. If I don't get the minimum number (10) of submissions by that date I will take the remaining spots myself to keep this Opp on time.

Dean has made this an OPEN OPP, meaning he will do as many books as requested. But the timeline must be followed to fit in with his regular comics work.

I will also be retiring from the Marine Corps/Moving on October 12th, so any books not shipped by Oct 1st should be sent to my new address and not one you may on file for me.

I think by references he meant some sketches by Mr. Ormston...

It was a vague question. My mother already has a note in the mail vouching for me.

I sent Mr. Ormston an email asking for an example of a "full body" and "Bust" sketch and will post those as soon as they arrive.

In the meantime, a small portion of his past work can be seen on CAF. Just search for "Ormston."

Mike