• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TIP TOP WEEKLY 1000 issues to collect 1896-1915

25 posts in this topic

So you want a challenge? Try finding the 1000 issues of TIP TOP WEEKLY ! This nickel weekly fiction magazine contains the continuing story of FRANK andDICK MERRIWELL. You may have heard of Frank Merriwell as being this Yale fictional super athlete from radio shows or serials. They were the inspiration for the HARDY BOYS and inspired generations of characters including JACK ARMSTRONG and D ICK GRAYSON (Robin) whom Bob Kane admits penning the first name from his childhood favorite; Dic k Merriwell.

Its a tremendous nearly 20 year continued story that has the Merriwelll brothers all over the globe in adventures. I have collected many of these and they've been fun to hunt down. When i get time I'll dig out what i would call my file copies and scan those. Yes, file copies from 1900. They're gorgous! For now here are some nice covers and a few other Nickel Weekly magazines including a Merriwell.ripoff .Fred Fearnot..

595867810_o.jpg