• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed ASM 4, 31, 93, 114, Closed

36 posts in this topic

Normal rules apply, the first :takeit: in the thread wins.

I'll take payments by PayPal, postal money order, or check.

Shipping will be $10 and covers Priority Mail and insurance in the USA, outside we''ll work it out. I always double box CGC books and use lots of bubble wrap, no worries on shipping.

Please check out my feedback thread for references, the link in my signature.

PM offers are welcome, and the agreed on deal time stamp will be used to compare with any take it posted.

Feel free to send me a PM, ask any questions or for another picture, correct a mistake etc, and thanks for looking.

Satisfaction is guaranteed, I will disclose anything important that I know of, like a CGC case cracked or scratched etc.

If you're not satisfied, you can return a book in a reasonable time.

Four books here, #4 is near the bottom.

ASM 31 CGC 9.4 White pages, $2700. :news: SOLD

ASM 93 CGC 9.4 OWW pages, $300. :news: SOLD

ASM 114 CGC 9.6 OW pages, $250.

ASM 4 CGC 7.0 OWW pages, $1500.

Nice books, Don. That 93 is really tempting.

Always good to see some ASMs on the boards.

Thanks Bjorn, the book actually looks a little better in hand. I had to fight with the scanner settings to get the colors closer to being true. The other books look fine, but that one just seems like the scanner altered the colors a bit.

I'm selling the #93 because I got the NM copy from the CLink auction last month.

ASM 4 CGC 7.0 OWW pages, $1500.

Please note that this was an old label book. I sent it back last year to reholder it, and CGC decided that it didn't match the grade. I didn't understand how they thought that the case was tampered with, but anyway, after a year I finally have it back. They sent it to be pressed, and here it is. I cannot see it, but the graders notes say it has some kind of stains on the back cover.

When I bought this in 2004, I never questioned the grade, it was my first CGC slab and it looked like a VFNM to me. CGC had it in hand last year to reholder it, so they could see it better than I could through the case. These scans and the picture seem to show more defects than I can see with the slab in hand.

So, are you saying this book was an old label 9.0 that was reassessed to 7.0 during a reholder?

I'm not trying to create a storm or stir anything up. I only tried to point out that the book was old label and now is lower in grade than I am after, basically pointing out that it looks better than the grade assigned. I guess I should have left out the details and said I would like a 7.5 price for it.

Please accept my apologies for opening up a subject that I'd like to put behind me. It's a long story I'd like to forget.

Can we just say it's a beautiful FVF book and move on?

I'm not trying to create a storm or stir anything up. I only tried to point out that the book was old label and now is lower in grade than I am after, basically pointing out that it looks better than the grade assigned. I guess I should have left out the details and said I would like a 7.5 price for it.

Please accept my apologies for opening up a subject that I'd like to put behind me. It's a long story I'd like to forget.

Can we just say it's a beautiful FVF book and move on?

Not looking to stir anything up at all, i think being clear about what happened adds merit and very easily justifies the already reasonable asking price if indeed this book once sat in a 9.0 holder. Either way, its a sweet copy, good luck :)