• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I screwed or is he screwed? (ebay!)

91 posts in this topic

I hear you Buzzetta, manhattan is where I was born and raised. I grew up when all public schools were integrated w/all races(early 70's) and man 6th grade was an eye opener for me! I got my a$# kicked all over Riverside Drive! But you know, I gave some back, any hoo, that's neither here nor there. Sorry if I'm coming on too strong w/this petty issue but man, gotta say this cat is nooo good. Petty maybe, but boardies gotta know thiefs are in their midsts, and this dude is one of them. :news:

I've had that happen several times with a mailman who has since moved on, thankfully. I used to have so much of my stuff delivered to a house on another street with the same numerical address. I complained about him multiple times. And yeah, when he scans that it's delivered it will show as delivered, even if he delivers it to the wrong address.

Long time(sort of) registry member and 1st time message board poster. Hello to all and hope to get some input from everyone on this eBay sale. While I feel I've been screwed here I'll leave that up to you guys to decide, but the evidence is there. Gotta be honest, I can't type worth , so please keep that in mind. I'm currently unemployed so I've been selling some books to make up the diff between my lost salary and what my wife brings home. To make a long story short, I sold a bronze book( Witching Hour 59 Don Rosa) to a registry member and message board member(I know, internet drama!) who claimed to have never received said book. I've got proof of delivery conf. and even refunded some $ for over shipping quote(charged him exact cost). He opens a paypal dispute saying he never received the book after a week of proof del. conf. so I provide him with all info regarding shipping(I have Endicia mail service-print at home) and we go from there. 10 more days pass so I send him a pm saying what's up? Don't know you, don't know if I'm being scammed but I'm going to ask paypal to investigate and decide. $60 sale so it's not a big deal but $ is $ and I don't know this guy but keep an open mind-%^$# happens. He closes the case(paypal) and the book sale money is freed up. I send him a message regarding this mess(lost book according to him) and basically tell him %$#@ happens so I refund him half the sale as he told me he was a CGC member and I would take him at his word that the book never made it to him. Lo and behold, he sends me a message that he added the book to his registry along w/a scan of said book and that if someone were to add it to their registry it would alert him. No s$%#, I removed the book from my set when I sold it. So here's where I'm at. The scan of the WH 59 he has(his registry) is the same book I sold him but it's been photo shopped w/no reg # or ped label AND it's a new SCAN! Now maybe I'm missing something and he got the scan from Ritter's site when all the Rosa books went up on eBay years back or I'm being screwed(ironic title)! Well that's all folks, hope I made enough sense in getting my message across to read some replies as the heat down here in miami can make me delirious at times. Have a great day peoples and thanks for reading!

Hey its me, and yep, I photoshopped a scan of it into my registry and put it in my registry. I still have no book, and Im pretty sure the scan I borrowed for posterity sake doesn't say "Don Rosa" as the one you sold did. I registered the number (pulling the number from the photo from the ebay sale when I bought it from you). I threw in a sanitized photo of another 9.6 (again not the Rosa Collection on I think).

My main reason to register it is so that if anyone ever ends up with the disappeared book and tries to register it, it'll get flagged for my approval to transfer the ID.

I appreciated you splitting the losses with me, you were and are a standup guy. And as I said before, if the book ever ends up in my hands I'll be paypalling you the ammount you refunded me to be square (feel free to check my feedback thread, nothing but happy buyers and sellers with me as far as the eye can see).

I know its a little quirky for me to put a photo up in my registry of a stolen/lost book, but please know its quirkyness, not shadiness.

What I'd like to know is where did he get the scan from? Not me. WorldWide's site? What 5 years ago? Don't know man, it's something that definitely needs an explain.

I'm pretty sure I just pulled up a cgc 9.6 scan of the book title via images.google.com I'll check my browser history at work on Monday to see where I grabbed the image from.

Again, please feel free to look at my feedback with nary a bad deal since joining. And I've had two more packages make it to me since yours didnt, so my fingers are crossed that something like this doesnt happen ever again to me (or a seller selling to me).

I never asked for a refund. I opened a paypal dispute while working with USPS to investigate, and when you kindly asked for me to close it since there were no further developments in their investigation I did. Again NEVER asking for a refund. I appreciate that you did it, and said many a thanks,(since USPS said it was delivered and you did all you had to to make sure it was).

Sorry for my registry OCD/quirkiness causing to cast doubt on my good standings. Obviously not my intent. :blush:

dupont2005, this character has the book I sold him newly scanned on his registry set and claimed to have never received this book. I gave HIM 50% refund due to his PayPal claim and admission that he was a collectors society member! I HAD NO LEGAL/ETHICAL/MORAL/YOUNAMEIT reason to give him THAT 50% REFUND but I did! Yeah man, I know, it's on me! BUT, as a collector's society member-I hope that fellow collectors know his handle and will see that he is an insufficiently thoughtful person.

maxito, do you have a scan of the book that you can post? This way we can look at it and compare it to the one that Miraclemet has in his registry set. I am sure that the people around here will be able to tell if they are the same book or not.

Wow, no s#$%. Mr Miracle and where did you get your scan? Google? No s@#$, only 2 WH # 59 in 9.6(surely I thought 1 was Sterlings) but no! Every collector of high grade Bronze Horror must post these scans of their prized books on the interweb. Dude FU. Paypal my s#$%#!

Let's go guys, only 2 graded at 9.6 and 1 a Rosa book, really? OP googled the scan? Wow, man. I'm lost. This cat has no ground w/his BS. Maybe,MAYBE Sterling has the other 9.6 along w/his 9.8. Cool, Sterling is my man for his tremendous accomplishment. That can only be respected. Yeah man, no matter what you hear, bronze is tough in high grade. Could I be wrong in hammering this dude? Negative-this cat is called out-board decides.

In the top photo, not a scan, there's a white dot above the yellow band. Where it says 'the witching hour'. The dot is above the 'e' in the. It's move over to the 't' in the second photo, which looks like a scan. Not the same book in my opinion.

Let's go guys, only 2 graded at 9.6 and 1 a Rosa book, really? OP googled the scan? Wow, man. I'm lost. This cat has no ground w/his BS. Maybe,MAYBE Sterling has the other 9.6 along w/his 9.8. Cool, Sterling is my man for his tremendous accomplishment. That can only be respected. Yeah man, no matter what you hear, bronze is tough in high grade. Could I be wrong in hammering this dude? Negative-this cat is called out-board decides.

I googled Witching Hour 59 cgc and the link I posted was the first image showed. I don't believe they are the same book, no matter how much you believe it to be.