• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC fantasy football anyone? *updated with league rosters!*

97 posts in this topic

Room for Columbia and donut for sure. Brings us to 22. Looks like we can do two leagues, but we might have a few people dropping.

Not to hurt anyones feelings but looks like this will be 2 leagues, standard draft, both for cash, on Yahoo. Both leagues 12 teams.

EDIT: from responses sounds like at least one league can be fore a comic store gift card. Hopefully both.

Not to hurt anyones feelings but looks like this will be 2 leagues, standard draft, both for cash, on Yahoo. Both leagues 12 teams.

I'm sure we've got enough who prefer ESPN or don't care to have one of the leagues on ESPN? Happy to set up and run that one.

Yes, my feelings (and butt) will be hurt otherwise!

Adam

I'm sure we've got enough who prefer ESPN or don't care to have one of the leagues on ESPN? Happy to set up and run that one.

Yes, my feelings (and butt) will be hurt otherwise!

Adam

That sounds good. I will go ahead and play in both the Yahoo and the ESPN if thats cool with everyone. Never used ESPN and want to check it out.

I'll run through the thread later and try to get the two groups seperated.

EDIT: And please run the ESPN group.

Cool, I'll set up the ESPN one and post the link in this thread when I have.

Draft next Sunday? I'd suggest say 5pm EST to make sure it works for Europe and US...

I might be wrong on this, but you may need to know who will be in the league and get their emails to send invitations. I'm pretty sure you need emails to have folks join ESPN or Yahoo private leagues.

just so i'm clear all in one post:

1. yahoo ONLY

2. regular draft, not auction

3. willing to play for a small fee, but ONLY if we can pay around late november, december...if not, can only play for free.

4. i have won two yahoo championships, so count on me to be very serious.

5. pm for email, if it's needed.

1. yahoo ONLY

3. willing to play for a small fee, but ONLY if we can pay around late november, december...if not, can only play for free.

There will be a Yahoo and ESPN league.

I am going to dinner and a movie with the lady tonight but I will try to get this sorted tonight.

If you want to pay in Nov. Dec. I dont have a problem with that. This is all for fun.

But when your team sucks you better pay up! :baiting:

1. yahoo ONLY

I am going to dinner and a movie with the lady tonight but I will try to get this sorted tonight.

If you want to pay in Nov. Dec. I dont have a problem with that. This is all for fun.

absolutely. looking forward to playing

1. yahoo ONLY

I've set up the ESPN league. MadGenius was right, I need email addresses for the other 11 boardies who will be joining.

Once you've had a chance to go through the lists and sort out who's in which, the ESPNers can PM me their details and I'll get the invite emails sent out tomorrow. I can also set up a group PM for people in that league so we can finalise draft date, prizes etc.

The Zur-en-Arrh R.I.P.pers await their opponents!

Cheers,

Adam

I prefer the yahoo league but will do ESPN if I have to. And very serious player here. Playing 12 years in my usual serious money league and in championship 7 times and won 6 times. You can count on me to play serious every week.

Draft next Sunday? I'd suggest say 5pm EST to make sure it works for Europe and US...

I would suggest making the draft after the last preseason game. Making it any sooner; can be a real bummer; if you end up drafting a player that ends up getting hurt during the preseason.

Psy

I would suggest making the draft after the last preseason game. Making it any sooner; can be a real bummer; if you end up drafting a player that ends up getting hurt during the preseason.

Psy

Let's see what others think when the league members are finalised, but my preference would be to do it before the last game of pre-season - that's the way I've always done it in the past anyway.

It's partly to add a little risk (although it's rare that a stud starter gets injured in pre-season), and partly to allow time for a bit of wheeling and dealing if people want to make trades, spend a bit of time looking at free agents etc.

For what it's worth, I won't be able to do the draft until the last weekend of August or later, and definitely NOT August 30th.

If it comes to it, I can bow out and let someone else play, or take on a co-captain of my team.

I'd like to play if there is still room. From the number of replies it looks like we will need multiple leagues anyway. PM me any details...I'll make time for a draft. I've been playing a long time and take my FF very seriously/