• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which would you choose?

31 posts in this topic

Depends on the miswarp. If its one of those big uneverb ones that a lot of Captain Marvel 33's have I would farther have Off-white to white.

You should have made it interesting with bad Miswrap and cream to offwhite pages.

The page quality is nothing more than words printed on a label, and will likely change the next time you submit. I do not understand the reasoning behind paying more for White Pages vs. OW/W when it's so utterly arbitrary and nobody will ever see the pages anyway outside of a re-sub; obviously there is a real difference between Tan or Cream and White although I just had a CR-OW magically turn into an OW-W on resub.

So I'd take the 9.8 OW/W. But I'd take a 9.6 OW/W before that since that 9.6 is likely just as good as that 9.8.

I never purport to be a fantastic grader, but it seems that page quality is the most arbitrary aspect of grading. It's not only CGC doing a good or bad job, it's more of the fact that a miswrap is visually displeasing, whereas the gradation in ow/w and w seems to be questionable at best.

Miswraps only bother neurotic CGC chat forum members. Out there in the real world I rarely hear about them.

I think a miswrap bothers me depending on how it detracts from the cover art. I hate that white line on the left side of the cover on a dark colored cover like Batman 227 or Hulk 181.

Even on Amazing Spider-man 129 I would rather have a full yellow cover rather than the white line.

I never even thought about it until I read about it here.

I still don't mind it. It reminds me of the bronze age, actually, which was my sweet spot for buying comics off the rack.

I'm not a big fan of big white lines on the spine and a little white showing

doesn't bother me a bit as long as it's fairly straight.

I would love to see someone set up a series of scanned CGC 9.8's and

CGC 9.6's with the label covered so the CGC grade given can't be seen

and see how many members pick out "all" the CGC 9.8's since they are

so much better than most 9.6's. hm

I would volunteer to do it but I only own 2 x 9.8's. In no way am I cutting

down any collector's taste for 9.8's, but I think it would be interesting to see

the results.

Miswraps only bother neurotic CGC chat forum members. Out there in the real world I rarely hear about them.

I think it gets blown way out of proportion. A little white on the spine, properly centered isn't so bad.

When it gets anywhere between 1/8 to 1/4 in thickness of thicker, or is diagonal, it gets aesthetically unappealing for me. Less than that, no biggie. Diagonal ones are far more irritating to me.

Nicely centred OW/W.

If another collector wishes to spend a lot of money on a badly miswrapped copy, then they are welcome to it.  I can wait.  I can always focus on other books in the interim, no rush.

A book like this just kills me.

Cat 1 9.8

I think it was PeterLovesGwen that was selling off a book over the boards after he went from a miswrapped 9.6 to a perfectly wrapped 9.4. If I saw a 9.6 like that Cat Book and it was important to my collection and I then saw a well wrapped 9.4 I might do the same.