• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Digital comic collections

35 posts in this topic

As noted before, the conventional wisdom is that digital comics will never really be cheaper than the printed comic on the day of release because doing so will kill your Local Comic Shop.

As also noted, one tenable solution is for Comixology to mark down 1 month old comics by $1.00. This would make a $2.99 comic $1.99 one month later. They also periodically mark specific runs of titles at $.99. This is a good start, but the initial price (cover price) is still too high.

So what's the solution?

ONE POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

They need to go to an online subscription model similar to the Magazine Industry.

1) Sell 12 month digital subscriptions at 50% off the cover price. Or pre-sell limited series in this fashion.

2) Sell ads that appear in the digital comics which subsidizes this.

In the near future, somewhere, out there, in someone's room filled with dozens of computers and servers rests a 11 year old child cackling in delight as he realizes that he just craked the security protocols and can now rip comics from the Marvel and DC Apps like people share music.

already been done minus the dozens of computers, etc.

*all* that type if stuff is "cracked" within hours of release.

Indeed.

I get all my modern readers from Comixology.

Price is perhaps a little high but at least I get to read them on a Wed rather than wait till they arrive in the UK on a Friday.

They look really good on an iPad and rather spectacular on my 27 "iMac.

I still buy a small amount of floppies but they are generally keepers for my collection and I'll usually have a digital copy for reading as well.

In the near future, somewhere, out there, in someone's room filled with dozens of computers and servers rests a 11 year old child cackling in delight as he realizes that he just craked the security protocols and can now rip comics from the Marvel and DC Apps like people share music.

already been done minus the dozens of computers, etc.

*all* that type if stuff is "cracked" within hours of release.

Indeed.

Really? I cannot get any torrent sharing to work... so I have bought all the X-Men v Avengers books so far on my iPad so I have something to read on the way home from work.

I'm 41 and was very against the march of technology as far as digital comics went, but I recently purchased a Sony tablet and now read all my comics digitally!!

Now I buy printed for my collections and digital for reading, I'm sure at some point I'll long for the smell of musty paper, but not yet...

Ahhh but dont worry,at this rate there will soon be a mustybooksmell app.

Settings will include Victorian times and 1930's pulp.

:grin:

I think 70's damp basement would be a top seller ^^

if they had "70's musty summer cabin smell" :cloud9: I just might convert to digital.

Really? I cannot get any torrent sharing to work... so I have bought all the X-Men v Avengers books so far on my iPad so I have something to read on the way home from work.

I use torrents for practically everything so if you need some help, shoot me a PM and I can walk you through.

ANOTHER quote fail.

I'm 41 and was very against the march of technology as far as digital comics went, but I recently purchased a Sony tablet and now read all my comics digitally!!

Now I buy printed for my collections and digital for reading, I'm sure at some point I'll long for the smell of musty paper, but not yet...

Ahhh but dont worry,at this rate there will soon be a mustybooksmell app.

Settings will include Victorian times and 1930's pulp.

:grin:

Smell of Books 'aerosol e-book enhancers'. No joke.

can-newbook.jpegcan-musty.jpeg