• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay seller jscomics

51 posts in this topic

Hey guys

Just wondering what the deal is with this seller. He has a boat load of books I would like to buy right now. Is he a boardie? His sales seem legit and he provides nice big scans. Just want to do my due diligence before buying. I did a forum search and didn't turn up much...

Thanks in advance

Jake

Hey guys

Just wondering what the deal is with this seller. He has a boat load of books I would like to buy right now. Is he a boardie? His sales seem legit and he provides nice big scans. Just want to do my due diligence before buying. I did a forum search and didn't turn up much...

Thanks in advance

Jake

He sales "seem" legit? doh! Ever heard of eBay feedback? lol

He appears to be 100% legit.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jscomics&&_trksid=p4340.l2560&rt=nc&iid=140825895035&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

In fact, I see a bunch of books I may bid on myself! :headbang:

Hey guys

Thanks in advance

Jake

He sales "seem" legit? doh! Ever heard of eBay feedback? lol

He appears to be 100% legit.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jscomics&&_trksid=p4340.l2560&rt=nc&iid=140825895035&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

In fact, I see a bunch of books I may bid on myself! :headbang:

eBay feedback can be misleading and dodgy sellers who run scams often have high or perfect feedback. For example:

primeinvestibles

BIJOU BABY

Silver Surpher...

and the list goes on and on...

eBay feedback can be misleading and dodgy sellers who run scams often have high or perfect feedback. For example:

primeinvestibles

BIJOU BABY

Silver Surpher...

and the lost goes on and on...

eBay feedback can be misleading? How so? If a buyer has a bad experience, wouldn't he usually alert others via a neutral or nagative comment?

Also, what specifically do you find "dodgy" about eBay seller SilverSurpher?

I would be very interested to know. Did you get ripped off by him?

Just wondering, since I've bought raw comic books from him in the past without any problems.

Maybe it's a case of YMMV - your miliage may vary? (shrug)

Joking aside, I would not hesitate to buy from him,one of the better raw book dealers. (thumbs u

Thanks for the recommendation.

I have my eyes peeled on quite a few of his gems. I will be bidding (and hopefully winning!) (thumbs u

I buy from them frequently.

I recommend them highly.

That being said, I believe they have multiple graders, and there can be some bad apples listed. Check out the scans, and if they don't add up to your grade, then don't bid. They give you nice size scans to view the products, so use that tool.

When I have seen over-graded books, they are usually in runs of titles, and not random. That's why I say there must be multiple graders.

They are a solid seller. They package well and takes returns without issue.

The only issue I have had with them is that they don't always mention issues that aren't visible in the scan of the front cover they provide. So I've had to return a book with a popped staple and have gotten a book or two with back cover issues that I wouldn't have bid on if I had know about them.

However, they took my return without any complaints, and refunded my money promptly. I believe that you can trust them to treat you well if you have any issues, and I feel they represent their books honestly.

primeinvestibles

BIJOU BABY

Silver Surpher...

eBay feedback can be misleading? How so? If a buyer has a bad experience, wouldn't he usually alert others via a neutral or nagative comment?

Just wondering, since I've bought raw comic books from him in the past without any problems.

They use shill accounts to pump up feedback after negative feedback is left or lots of people who don't know they are getting ripped off (i.e. that they received a restored comic) never leave a negative. They buy a raw without disclosed resto dont notice that it is restored and by the time it is sent to cgc its too late to leave a negative.

See this thread for details about surfer and Bj: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5804277&fpart=2

I just looked up another seller who someone on this board had purchased a book with undisclosed restoration from and who a few weeks ago tried to goad me into a bidding war with a shill account and then offered me a post auction buy after the shill ended up winning and he has 10 thousand feedback 100% positive! would rather not name names...

Hope that helps.

They use shill accounts to pump up feedback after negative feedback is left or lots of people who don't know they are getting ripped off (i.e. that they received a restored comic) never leave a negative. They buy a raw without disclosed resto dont notice that it is restored and by the time it is sent to cgc its too late to leave a negative.

See this thread for details about surfer and Bj: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5804277&fpart=2

I just looked up another seller who someone on this board had purchased a book with undisclosed restoration from and who a few weeks ago tried to goad me into a bidding war with a shill account and then offered me a post auction buy after the shill ended up winning and he has 10 thousand feedback 100% positive! would rather not name names...

Hope that helps.

100% definitely helps! I appreciate you taking the time to explain all of this to me.

primeinvestibles

BIJOU BABY

Silver Surpher...

Silversurpher is in the HOS here, AKA Dr. Frankenstein aka muscleshark aka WALDO-JOHNSON.

Silversurpher is in the HOS here, AKA Dr. Frankenstein aka muscleshark aka WALDO-JOHNSON.

Geez, how many "ghosts" does Frank have here? doh!

Which name is he currently posting under?

Inquiring minds need to know! :D

sleuth.jpg