• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay seller jscomics

51 posts in this topic

Though I've not bought anything from jscomics in years, they were always one of my favorite eBay sellers.

If they're still the same as they were when I bought from them, they're top notch. (thumbs u

I bought a bunch of raw HTF in UHG Gold Key books years ago...there were File Copies and were accurately graded. Getting them CGC'd as soon as the TATs get below 5 years. Expecting great results. Not expecting the BURNINATOR to visit me as I feel comfortable with my raw grading skills. Very happy with the seller--at least with these group of books.

There can always be hidden suprises like restoration with buying any raw book. It seems on the Silver Age and older books they seem to grade a bit high. I'm looking at one book that he lists as a 9.0 and its really more like a 7.0. In other cases they are right on the money. However, they provide nice big scans so there should not be too many suprises on what you are getting.

I've purchased from JS twice off eBay. While its true the scans are large, it is still difficult to precisely make your own grading judgement from them. Both times I ordered the books looked okay from the scans but upon receipt had an accumulation of defects. It was my opinion that both were over graded and I returned them both times with no problem at all. The way bidding goes on their auctions you've really got to get the grade right- sometimes they seem to get near CGC graded prices for their material. Good for them though if they can manage it.

Hey guys

Just wondering what the deal is with this seller. He has a boat load of books I would like to buy right now. Is he a boardie? His sales seem legit and he provides nice big scans. Just want to do my due diligence before buying. I did a forum search and didn't turn up much...

Thanks in advance

Jake

He sales "seem" legit? doh! Ever heard of eBay feedback? lol

He appears to be 100% legit.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jscomics&&_trksid=p4340.l2560&rt=nc&iid=140825895035&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

In fact, I see a bunch of books I may bid on myself! :headbang:

eBay feedback can be misleading and dodgy sellers who run scams often have high or perfect feedback. For example:

djbrady4u

primeinvestibles

BIJOU BABY

Silver Surpher...

and the lost goes on and on...

Fixed that for you