• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bullets, Broads and Brubaker

80 posts in this topic

Consistent, creative brilliance. Ed and Sean are my favorite creative team. Can't wait for the next criminal and incognito arcs.

Was waiting for you to jump on board.

I owe you a pm. How've you been?

Good, bro. You got me into this area of the field. Looking forward to that HC as well. (thumbs u

"I love you, Broseph Gordon Levitt."

"I love you, Broseidon, lord of the brocean."

Consistent, creative brilliance. Ed and Sean are my favorite creative team. Can't wait for the next criminal and incognito arcs.

Good, bro. You got me into this area of the field. Looking forward to that HC as well. (thumbs u

I love you too, Teddy Bear. :luhv:

I love you too, Teddy Bear. :luhv:

What's a love/bro fest without TJ?

Guest Reader
Oh and speaking of Bad Night, here's a sketch of Iris from Bad Night by Sean Phillips. (And I will never tire of thanking my friend Paul aka Ken Aldred for getting this for me!)

securedownload.jpg

Very cool. I've requested a commission from Sean in the past but he was a little busy. Hopefully one day.

I haven't read any of these, are they good?

It was a six-issue limited series. Nominated for an Eisner (Best limited series). I thought it was great.

With painted wraparound covers by Sean. Here are a few:

incognitocvr.jpg

incognito_3_cvr.jpg

incognito_4_cvr.jpg

incognito_6_cvr.jpg

I haven't read any of these, are they good?

A cynical pulpy take on the superhero genre, The Incredibles by way of Jim Thompson. I prefer the straight up noir of Criminal, but fans of Brubaker's Captain America run might enjoy it more. Less convoluted than Fatale has been so far. There are actually two mini-series. Both worth reading if you are Brubaker fan.

I only really discovered Brubaker/Phillips in the last 12 months. Had been reading Fatale and really liked it, then chanced across Criminal in my local library. Read Coward, hooked.

Now bought and read the two Criminal deluxe HCs and the Incognito one. The Sleeper omnibus is sitting on my shelf waiting to be read, and I think I'm going to have to check out Scene of the Crime too.

I don't think there's a better writer of dialogue than Brubaker at the moment.