• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another the Post Office Delivers Thread

28 posts in this topic

A poorly-moulded piece of cheap plastic, bad quality control.  Bound to see that eventually.  If the book's okay, I wouldn't worry.

I've seen this before. A little distracting, but nothing worth getting upset about imo.

Thanks for the opinions all. At least my packaging strategy is still good. No way the book was damaged in transit. Also, my book is fine, and I can sell it another day without having to reholder it.

Dan

A poorly-moulded piece of cheap plastic, bad quality control.  Bound to see that eventually.  If the book's okay, I wouldn't worry.

I've seen this before. A little distracting, but nothing worth getting upset about imo.

Thanks for the opinions all. At least my packaging strategy is still good. No way the book was damaged in transit. Also, my book is fine, and I can sell it another day without having to reholder it.

Dan

Yeah, I agree---it wasn't damaged in shipping. You'd get a crack before getting something like that--I agree with others that it looks like a mfg defect not caught at QA at CGC.

Stupid reason to return a book :facepalm:

Block the buyer.

I had a cgc SS 9.8 ASM 300 graded by CGC that had so much sand paper markings on the back it looked like someone tossed it on a belt sander. It came from CGC like that. The buyer still bought the book even though it looked like that.

I've seen this happen with collections of slabs that get a bit too rough treatment, especially if they do not have bags. You can get those ridges breaking off just by squeezing a stack of slabs too hard if you pull them out of a box. Or just sloshing around in a box too much.

I support the buyer's decision to return something that bothered him despite it being trivial, I support you allowing the return! I see so many "sale final" CGC sellers.

I think what you might want to take away from this is that there is no need to pay return shipping for the buyer. eBay does not require you to do that, it is part of the cost of doing business by mail. Buyers need to be prepared to pay return shipping on items they do not like when they puchase them on eBay (unless the seller specifies otherwise). Both sides need some skin in the game. Amazon and others have spoiled a lot of people by paying return shipping on just about everything.

If you are going to make a choice to pay the buyers return shipping, do it after you get the item back and see it was a reasonable return.

All IMHO. It's a good thread!