• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another seller who ends his auctions early...

8 posts in this topic

You didn't really want to buy from a guy who thinks 4.5 is Fine+ did you? smirk.gif

Book has been professionally graded by CGC at 4.5 (Fine Plus) with Off-White to White Pages.

tonofbricks.gif

Wow I dodged a bullet on that one. Let's see I just happen to buy a CGC Copy of ASM #1 for my Registry set and now Chuck is in the market for one since he is behind my point total in the registry.....hmmmmmmmmmm 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I mean Damn man that sucks.....I hope you find another copy soon stooges.gif

If you bump me back to 20th place....I am never speaking to you again foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Wow I dodged a bullet on that one. Let's see I just happen to buy a CGC Copy of ASM #1 for my Registry set and now Chuck is in the market for one since he is behind my point total in the registry.....hmmmmmmmmmm 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I mean Damn man that sucks.....I hope you find another copy soon stooges.gif

If you bump me back to 20th place....I am never speaking to you again foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

tongue.gif I just bid on any silver age Spidey that is a good deal. I was winning that auction for only $1500 when he pulled it off eBay. I e-mailed him and he told me that he "forgot" to put a reserve on it. foreheadslap.gif

In no way am I making justifications for the Sellers who "pull" auctions on eBay before completion; and I think that as time has moved forward and more users understand how to use that site, more of the "ending auction early" is being used.

eBay probably does not care too much as the Seller still has to pony up w/ his/her credit card at the end of the Billing Cycle, so the revenue still streams in even though a product was not sold.

Yes, I have ended one auction early in the 4+ years I have been on eBay; I had to "pull" a Tales to Astonish # 59 CGC VF+ 8.5 (P) comic that was restored BUT had a crack in the case that was not discovered before I listed it. During that time, I offered the explanation that "the item was no longer for sale" as the default options only give a few reasons for ending auction early.

But back to the point of this Thread: The disappointment lingers for quite some time when a Bidder has their hopes up and really wants a particular item, just to have that Seller "pull" the auction before it ends. We all know why the Sellers who employ this method are doing this, it is because they are not getting the price they wanted for item. What they could do instead is to put a Reserve Price on item. It only costs a buck or two more than what they have spent by listing it on the cheap, let it get bid on, then "ending auction early". CAL 893frustrated.gif